PDA

View Full Version : Did you see the remains of a plane?

E.ric
07-08-2002, 03:25 AM
http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero13/pentagone/erreurs_en.htm

makes you wonder, and I am sure they said a truck exploded.

honeylaser
07-08-2002, 08:47 AM
- There is no mention in there of eyewitness reports. If a plane had hit the pentagon, surely there would have been eyewitnesses (besides government employees)? I recall seeing reports on the news with interviews of Joe Bloggs bystanders.

- So where did the missing plane go then? There was a plane that was unaccounted for, plus its passengers.

- If it was a truck, why would they lie? (I know there are many answers to this, but I need a theory).

:D

Biggles
07-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Sigh. People, please, turn on your bulls@#t detection kits. Or just read this:

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Rumors of War (Hunt the Boeing!) (http://198.64.129.160/rumors/pentagon.htm)

Honestly - this conspiracy is complete rubbish.

Elwin Way
07-08-2002, 09:22 AM
...and nothing to do with PressF1...

Biggles
07-08-2002, 09:25 AM
> ...and nothing to do with PressF1...

You want I should start deleting posts that aren't anything to do with Pressf1? Dangerous ground there Elwin ....

Susan B
07-08-2002, 09:45 AM
> - There is no mention in there of eyewitness reports.
> If a plane had hit the pentagon, surely there would
> have been eyewitnesses (besides government
> employees)? I recall seeing reports on the news
> with interviews of Joe Bloggs bystanders.

There would have to be one hell of a lot of liars or people sworn to secrecy. I can't see how they would manage to gag everyone. But then, if there wasn't a plane those Joe Bloggs bystanders interviewed at the time could well have made up their stories to get themselves on TV. We all know how the Yanks love attention.

> - So where did the missing plane go then? There was
> a plane that was unaccounted for, plus its
> passengers.

That is the key point. Where did the plane go? Family and friends of those passengers spoke to them before it went down. Maybe there were only three planes and not four?

> - If it was a truck, why would they lie? (I know
> there are many answers to this, but I need a
> theory).

That's easy - to build up public support for their campaign against Bin Laden and the terrorists of course.

I have always said that we only know what we are told about anything. Unless we are personally involved as participants or witnesses we can never be sure of the complete truth of anything, ever. That's scary because our opinions on things are mostly formed by information from other people and thus we are all highly manipulatable.

NathanTheKind
07-08-2002, 09:50 AM
> > ...and nothing to do with PressF1...
>
> You want I should start deleting posts that aren't
> anything to do with Pressf1? Dangerous ground there
> Elwin ....
>
Can you expand a little. What type of posts aren't anything to do with PressF1?

?:|

Susan B
07-08-2002, 10:00 AM
Bugger! I had a pile of windows open to read and took a long time to reach this one to reply and by then the party was all over! :D

I still think we are highly manipulatable though..... those photos had been very carefully chosen.

Biggles
07-08-2002, 10:02 AM
Come on - people love conspiracy's but this is ridiculous.

If the plane was never there it must imply a conspiracy to set up a fake plane attack before hand, which in turn implies that all of Sept 11 had to be part of the same conspiracy. (since to imply that the Pentagon "attack" was cooked up on the spur of the moment is even more ridiculous)

So are you saying the US governmet hatched a plot to kill thousands of it's own citizens in order to launch a war?

So hang on, lets say Sept 11 wasn't cooked up by the US gov but that they did lie about the Pentagon attack? To what end - they didn't need to lie abut it since they had all the ammunition they needed at the Twin Towers.

Either way you look at it the conspiracy DOES NOT MAKE SENSE and is physically as close to IMPOSSIBLE TO DO that it makes no difference. A good conspiracy theory has to have a germ of logic, a grain of truth, to get into the collective psyche. This one is based on nothing more than the fact that people look at the photos and cannot comprehend how the Boeing can so totally disappear. But as the urban legend site points out, two passenger jets slamed into glass and steel office towers at high speed and DID NOT come out the other side. No wings, fell to the ground, no plane debris of any size remained, and immediately after impact, the video footage appeared to show such little impact areas that many folks thought it had to be a light plane!

Next you'll be tellng me Elvis did it .....

Elwin Way
07-08-2002, 10:21 AM
> You want I should start deleting posts that aren't
> anything to do with Pressf1? Dangerous ground there
> Elwin ....
>

Bruce, I wasn't implying that at all.

I was just postulating that a computer self help forum seems to have turned into a local chat area... it's no wonder that newbies don't bother looking through the threads to see if their problem has already been covered.

This is Nexus (http://www.nexus.org.nz) stuff...

Sorry, I don't mean to be so negative, but isn't this just getting a bit way off topic? I mean, I come here to help people. Personally, I couldn't give a fat rats ass about this whole thread. I only read it cos my curiosity was pricked after seeing that Bruce Buckman himself had posted a reply...

Susan B
07-08-2002, 10:44 AM
We are helping each other Elwin - this thread is clearing up a lot of confusion. :D

> I was just postulating that a computer self help
> forum seems to have turned into a local chat area...
> it's no wonder that newbies don't bother looking
> through the threads to see if their problem has
> already been covered.

What about your thread regarding finding a job? That wasn't entirely a computer self-help thread, was it? I mean, your PC wasn't busted. I didn't see you complaining about the off-topic subject then. How's progress, anyway?

> I only read it cos my curiosity was pricked after seeing that Bruce
> Buckman himself had posted a reply...

Good for you, Bruce is well worth listening to. He is welcome to come and throw a rational journalistic bucket of cold water over any thread, anytime, in my view.

We aren't that bad Elwin - not all that many threads are off-topic "chats". Once in a blue moon is OK, isn't it? <looks out window and checks colour of moon - yep, it's blue> :-)

leshibbard
07-08-2002, 10:52 AM
Were there any remains of the two that hit the twin towers, where did the piece that went right through the building finish up !!.

The Pentagon plane would have folded in on itself creating quite a compressed explosion.

This building is built to withstand, dare I say it, an atomic explosion.

Sand normally goes over fuel oil doesn't it.

Les 3

Biggles
07-08-2002, 10:58 AM
> Sand normally goes over fuel oil doesn't it.
>
> Les 3

Actually, if you read the Urban Legends site article you'll find they put the sand and gravel down to stop the heavy trucks getting mired by churnign up the Pentagon lawn . . .

Elwin Way
07-08-2002, 11:22 AM
> We are helping each other Elwin - this thread
> is clearing up a lot of confusion. :D

Right...

> What about your thread regarding finding a job?

Err.. refresh my memory - which one was that?

> That
> wasn't entirely a computer self-help thread,
> was it? I mean, your PC wasn't busted.

My PC is permanently busted. And has been for a long time.

> I didn't see
> you complaining about the off-topic subject then.
> How's progress, anyway?

Wot progress? :p

> Good for you, Bruce is well worth listening to. He is
> welcome to come and throw a rational journalistic
> bucket of cold water over any thread, anytime, in my
> view.

And so he should be. After all, He's da man! But he's still a human. All humans make mistakes on a regular basis. Not that I'm saying Bruce is mistaken. I'm just saying he's not a God either.

> We aren't that bad Elwin

Apparently I am...

>- not all that many threads
> are off-topic "chats". Once in a blue moon is OK,
> isn't it? <looks out window and checks colour of moon
> - yep, it's blue> :-)

Wotrya talking about? It's daylight. And yes once in a blue moon is alright, but how many blue moons before PressF1 turns into a bar?

Would sort of defeat the whole purpose of PressF1 would it not?

honeylaser
07-08-2002, 11:54 AM
> Wotrya talking about? It's daylight. And yes once in
> a blue moon is alright, but how many blue moons
> before PressF1 turns into a bar?

how you doin'?

;)

Elwin Way
07-08-2002, 12:15 PM
> > Wotrya talking about? It's daylight. And yes once
> in
> > a blue moon is alright, but how many blue moons
> > before PressF1 turns into a bar?
>
> how you doin'?
>
> ;)

Huh?

Maybe I really am thick after all...

:|

Terry Porritt
07-08-2002, 01:17 PM
I must say I agree with Elwin, :) It's one thing to have chats going in their very own thread, the moderators can lock them if they get out of hand. It's entirely another thing when there is a genuine PC question posted and the thread turns into crap chat, talking over the head of the poster as it started to do with 'disabledseaman'.

Godfather posted an answer, there were 2 comments on that and there was mine that gave sites where cad programs could be obtained.
Then there was a heap of crap-chat. That was why I became irritated, you were just the nearest target, Elwin.

If I had been the poster, I would have given up on it.
This is happening more and more, it doesnt do anything at all for F1.

If this irritates you all so be it. :(

MarkB
07-08-2002, 01:51 PM
I dont think you should delete these posts but a first screen when you logon that breaks the posts into different categories would be good.

i.e hardware, software, games and general discussion and non computer related would be good (and how about some colour)

hope this makes sense

cheers

Elwin Way
07-08-2002, 01:57 PM
> I must say I agree with Elwin, :)

Thanks, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks things may be getting a little out of hand.

> Then there was a heap of crap-chat. That was why I
> became irritated, you were just the nearest target,
> Elwin.

Is that a form of apology? :)

> This is happening more and more, it doesnt do
> anything at all for F1.

Et tu, Butus.

johnboy
07-08-2002, 01:59 PM
the urban legend i heard was elvis was the pilot and jfk was the co pilot

Baldy
07-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Come on Elwin...... this site dosen't have to be THAT sterile. Personally, I like the way PressF1 goes off on a tangent every now and again.

And you posted a comment regarding newbies. How so?

BALDY :-)

Elwin Way
07-08-2002, 02:09 PM
I never said the site has to be that sterile. Just clean that's all.

Nobody wants to wade through heaps of "conspiracy" posts to find answers to a post they made yesterday.

Posts drop fast enough down the list as it is. It is a known fact that people rarely look past 4 pages when looking for something.

If it's gunna happen (which it will) then PressF1 is going to need what MarkB suggested (and, I might add, what I suggested while Candy was in Beta) - a separate topic list, and a Coffee Lounge.

Then I will have nothing to moan about. :D

honeylaser
07-08-2002, 02:11 PM
> > > Wotrya talking about? It's daylight. And yes
> once
> > in
> > > a blue moon is alright, but how many blue moons
> > > before PressF1 turns into a bar?
> >
> > how you doin'?
> >
> > ;)
>
> Huh?
>
> Maybe I really am thick after all...
>
> :|

God, its true. Monitor radiation really does kill the sense of humour ;)

Elwin Way
07-08-2002, 02:19 PM
My gawd, you're right. I should get out more often.

I think I'm gunna get off this pooter for while. Might go and play on the playstation I think...

parry
07-08-2002, 03:45 PM
I'm sure Marilyn Monroe was sitting in the cockpit too. It will all end up to be an alien invasion - yanks love seeing UFO's! Or maybe even perhaps like the landing on the moon - it never really happened. I'm sure we could fit a rift in the time continuim in there as well. Who played the pilot I wonder, John travolta?

Biggles
07-08-2002, 03:45 PM
>God, its true. Monitor radiation really does kill the sense of humour

No - Elwin just obviously doesn't look at Friends, that's all.

I personally don't thik the occaisional off-topic post is a bad thing, but if it gets outta hand and everyone hates it then I'll revise my opinion. But frankly, you're better of having such posts in their own thread, like this was, than buried in another thread where someone is looking for help. That way you can safely ignore it. And yes, we have considered another forum for plain old chat, but it aint a priority right now as we have a bunch of other major projects to work on.

Elwin Way
07-08-2002, 07:13 PM
> No - Elwin just obviously doesn't look at
> Friends, that's all.

Actually, I tend not to watch telly due to it's tendency to lose the meaning of what you are watching when you can't hear it. :p

> And yes, we have
> considered another forum for plain old chat, but it
> aint a priority right now as we have a bunch of other
> major projects to work on.

Do tell... :D

What's PCWorld up to now?

Downtown_Brown
07-08-2002, 07:17 PM
Hi Elwin

I am new to this forum, but are related to the Way family from Petone?

Elwin Way
07-08-2002, 09:28 PM
Pass. All I know is my last name is Way cos it says so on my birth certificate.

johnboy
07-08-2002, 10:02 PM
you know i think you have cracked this conspiracy a ufo hit the pentagon and the cia is covering it up with the truck bomb

-=JM=-
08-08-2002, 12:17 AM
fair enough comment Terry.