PDA

View Full Version : Software not responding

Roger L
07-08-2002, 12:29 AM
Using Win XP I quite often get the error message e.g macromedia player 6.0
is not responding or ms Word is not responding or whatever I am using is not
responding send the error message to Microsoft. How can I fix the problem when it occurs?
I often connect and ms explorer or netscape has the error message Browser can not be found again reboot does not help? or is this internet overload &
my crap Telecom line out the problem.?
What I want to know is, why this occurs when all the settings are correct
and can I fix the problem instantly or just wait and hope it will work next time
I turn it on? HELL who is in control here?
Roger L

DungBeatle
07-08-2002, 01:00 AM
how old's your computer? Do you have 2 operating systems installed by chance?

godfather
07-08-2002, 06:08 PM
How often is "quite often"?

In the old days before XP these errors would usually crash windows and you then never knew what the problem was then, now XP is stable and lets the application crash and burn, but XP keeps going.

It may be that your system does not have sufficient RAM, a device driver has a conflict or 1,001 other things. I have a stable system (in my opinion) but if I run too many applications or operate on huge files I can have such crashes, no more that 1 or 2 a week though. Some programs may not release RAM after being run, and resources get low, however XP is much better in this regard than its predecessors.

Basically make sure all your applications are up to date with patches, and most importantly make sure you apply all critical updates for Win XP as they come out

Remember there is no such thing as software without bugs, only software for which all the bugs have not been found....