PDA

View Full Version : Foxmail: Attn Terry Porritt and other Users

Smurf
06-08-2002, 11:25 PM
Downloaded Foxmail today and liked what I saw. One question though. Unlike Eudora which on opening for the first time in each session, immediately checks to see if their is mail for you on the server, Foxmail doesn't seem to. Is this correct or have I yet to find a way to configure this? Can anyone help please? I have it configured once open to check for mail every x minutes but would love it do check automatically at the start of each session.
Thanks Smurf

-=JM=-
06-08-2002, 11:56 PM
I don't currently have it installed at the moment so I can't tell you the answer but I'm sure it's their somewhere.

But I can say that I love not having it check when the program starts. Because it is really annoying when you want to just have another read of an email when you're offline.

Terry Porritt
07-08-2002, 10:14 AM
Hi Smurf, I dont think there is an option for Foxmail to automatically check for email when you start the program.
You may have noticed under Tools - Remote Mailbox Manager that it looks at the server and tells what's there. You can choose to delete what you dont want without downloading, or to download and delete on server, or to download and leave on server.
That is a useful feature for dealing with spam, junk, and other unwanted stuff.

I have to admit I dont use all the features provided, and sometimes I use version 2.1 for a change as the same mailboxes, addresses etc were shared when I upgraded.

I like the range of message templates provided, and you can make up your own too.

Smurf
07-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the replies JM and Terry

I guess it is all in what you are used to and hence the reason for the question:) I take the point JM and yes there would be disadvantages in having it automatically check. Thanks Terry for your reply.Your suggestion about the Remote mailbox Manager I will explore.
Much appreciate both of you :))