PDA

View Full Version : Spam

hyphen
06-08-2002, 09:27 PM
I have been using Eudora Pro for many years. (currently 5.1.1) Blocking spam using the filter doesnt seem to work or probably I'm not doing it correctly. Any suggestions to get rid of the 30-40 spams I get a day will be most appreciated.

Jim B
06-08-2002, 10:03 PM
Try Mailwasher, very good and NZ as well

http://www.mailwasher.net/

Baldy
06-08-2002, 10:10 PM
Or when you subscribe to web site, don't agree to receive stuff from third parties....... The only time I get truckloads of spam is when I tick the box - and some sites on-sell your information

BALDY

Babe Ruth
06-08-2002, 10:16 PM
Second MailWasher... best $US20.00 I've spent so far this year.

Babe.

Chris Wilson
06-08-2002, 10:17 PM
are they coming from one address?
that's pretty much swat you need to block spam, is to block known spammers addresses. The problems there is that spammers tend to create random sender addresses, and blocking this will block out legitimate mail from people whose addresses you haven't met...
there is a whole FAQ on it HERE (http://pressf1.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=21706)

remember NEVER reply, it only confirms that you exsist
for more advise, follow the link!

IF we all put our collective cosmic thoughts together for a better world, and think vivid thoughts really hard, maybe we can make spammers heads explode, thus stopping this evil at the sours.

hyphen
12-08-2002, 09:14 PM
Thanks to everybody who suggested mailwasher. It has cut the spam down to a dribble and I've only had it installed a few days. I've told a number of friends who had the same problem - good on you Nick.

Viking
12-08-2002, 09:25 PM
> IF we all put our collective cosmic thoughts together
> for a better world, and think vivid thoughts really
> hard, maybe we can make spammers heads explode, thus
> stopping this evil at the sours.

Another example of absolute bollocks from Mr Wilson

Poppa John
12-08-2002, 10:20 PM
Viking.. Come on Mate loosen up. I am not a religious person, but if we could band together a few collective thoughts we might get back the NZ the way it used to be. Actually I thought that para quite funny. I suppose I will get growled by the "thought police" again now for being "off topic" & voicing an opinion. Still cheerful Poppa John. :D :D

Chris Wilson
12-08-2002, 10:41 PM
bollix is my specialty!
thankyou for the acknowledgment

Cheers.
Mr Wilson Sir!

Ron_A
02-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Yes - Use SPAMNIX
It is designed fro Eudora and will cost 30$ USD but its money VERY well spent

Ron