PDA

View Full Version : No sound from Winamp

Neil McC
06-08-2002, 02:04 PM
Hi,just tried to play music files through Winamp,but can't get it to work.Everything plays ok in Media player,but when I choose WA I can see the bar graph moving, but no sound ! Have undeleted the Regclean I've just done,but no go.Other program I've just run is the WinDrvExpert which moved all(?) my drivers into a folder,but as media player is still working I assume it's not that.Not sure if the sound stopped before I ran these two programs,it might have.I have a vague recollection of the baked bean add not working a while ago!Reinstall Winamp?Suggestions please(but not about the baked beans).

Neil McC
06-08-2002, 02:18 PM
Sorry to bother you busy people,but I have found the problem.Checked the volume controls and found one turned right down,how it happened ..?Anyhow there's noise now from Winamp.Regards,Neil.

Neil McC
06-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Once again,sorry.Tried clicking on another music file to play in WA,and no sound again.Have found that the volume control resets to minimum each time I select something to play in WA,so I have to go back and push it back up.Any suggestions?Thanks.

Brent P
06-08-2002, 03:42 PM
Adjust the volume in Winamp, that should make it stick?

Elwin Way
06-08-2002, 03:46 PM
What version of WinAMP?

Chilling_Silence
06-08-2002, 04:04 PM
BTW, Any body heard of Winamp making sound only come out the right speaker, i think its that, coz it's 2.80 and it's done that on 4 PC's of myn?
Not on install but it does after a wile and I can't get back. I checked the panning bar, and that's on center, and it's same on winamp3 when installed after the problem occured
thanks
Chilling_Silence

Neil McC
06-08-2002, 04:41 PM
Thanks Brent,found it!That's what happens when you don't use it enough.Version 2.8,Elwin.