PDA

View Full Version : Activating dial up connections

Craig Bellhouse
04-08-2002, 09:40 PM
I use a computer to serve an internet connection to a variety of other computers, and I want to be able to get the computers on the LAN to be able to connect and disconnect the internet connection.

Is there any way to disconnect the connection via a batch file. I can get it to connect by calling a shortcut to the connection, but once connected, caling the shortcut again does nothing.

Cheers,
Craig.

Graham L
05-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Have you got a taskbar icon for the connection (on the computer which is using it)? If so, you ought to be able to right-click it, and disconnect. Otherwise, on the computer which "owns" the modem, the connection will have to be set to "disconnect after ...".

tweak\'e
05-08-2002, 06:23 PM
remote dissconection ulitilty springs to mind. www.paracticallynetworked.com had a link for it.

Craig Bellhouse
05-08-2002, 06:27 PM
Yes, I have a taskbar icon on the computer which is the server, however this computer has no monitor, keyboard or mouse. I wish to be able to control it via the network. Currently I use RAdmin (remote desktop utility) and this is fine for me, but not for the other users of the network. I need something far simpler to use...

I tried making a program with delphi to do it, that worked for about two weeks, and now will not... I am now using a remote keystroke simulator for the connect, but the disconnect will not work...

Cheers,
Craig.

Craig Bellhouse
05-08-2002, 06:28 PM
try http://www.practicallynetworked.com/ :)

Cheers, I am looking at this page now...