PDA

View Full Version : Goback 3 personal edition with Systemworks

ronr
04-08-2002, 02:42 PM
I have Windows 98 operating system installed. I had Nortons Systemworks 2002 with Goback installed. I did some partition changing and deleted/reinstalled Systemworks on another drive. This is all OK. I then deleted Goback but now I can not reinstall this programme. When I try to reinstall Goback from my installation disk, files are unzipped and a window comes up with the message saying "Goback uninstalled completed successfully". I want to install Goback, not uninstall it. can anyone please help me. While trying the installation I did disabled my Virus protection.
Ron

Billy T
04-08-2002, 02:55 PM
Hi Ron

Did you Delete Goback or did you Uninstall it? Sounds like you have some residual Goback files left and perhaps some registry entries as well.

If you just deleted it you will certainly have Goback registry entries to deal with and will probably need to use a registry cleaner to sort them out, or a manual search and delete if you feel confident enough.

I'm not familiar with this package, and I assume that Goback is a separate program outside of Systemworks.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

tweak\'e
04-08-2002, 04:16 PM
yep had the same prob. delete the goback files and clean out any leftover reg entries (regcleaner works well).

small tip, put the goback restore info on the FASTEST partition. i had problems with it on the slow partition.

ronr
05-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Thanks once again for your help. There was a Roxio entry lurking in the registry. Thanks to "RegCleaner" I deleted the entry and my reinstallation went without a hitch

Ron