PDA

View Full Version : iMag comment

Baldy
04-08-2002, 12:27 AM
Hi,

Has anyone picked up on a statement by one Francis Till on page 62 of the August iMag.

What does: " BEFORE YOU GO ANYWHERE, INSTALL A GOOD, UP-TO-DATE (WHICH MEANS NO FREEWARE) ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE PACKAGE BY A MAINSTREAM DISTRIBUTOR. YOU SHOULD HAVE THIS, AND IF YOU'RE GOING TO ENGAGE IN MASSIVE DOWNLOADING, IT'S A MUST "

Can someone tell me whats wrong with AVG?

Danielbong
04-08-2002, 12:31 AM
generally, the larger anti viruses have better security & faster updates on the "big viruses" that come out

also they have a help desk which is always good

hope ive helped
if im wrong somone correct me

godfather
04-08-2002, 12:41 AM
never heard a bad word against AVG, I use McAfee but when I need to upgrade I will probably look to AVG. I am in business, and depend on e-mail and the web. Some business emails have the AVG tag on their footer I notice.

Perhaps the writer retails software...

Baldy
04-08-2002, 12:42 AM
Hi Daniel,

Have you ever tried to contact Symantecs help desk?

Baldy
04-08-2002, 12:45 AM
You might win one of this months PCWorld prizes godfather !

Danielbong
04-08-2002, 12:52 AM
yea quite a few times, my version i got was one of the bad ones that were only released in new zealand so i got another sent out.

they were very helpful, you juat have to know how to get around the webpages (and have the time tyo go through all of the site;) )

tweak\'e
04-08-2002, 12:57 AM
nothing wrong with the PRO ver of AVG. the free ver just lacks some of the features like cleaning infected files etc. the free ver is fine for someone who does little net use while pro version would better for a serious user.