PDA

View Full Version : missing progam file error

Kenny
31-07-2002, 09:52 PM
I run Win98se with Norton System Works 2001. I had some digital camera photo's down loaded onto my pc. I then downloaded the Sony video/camera formats etc for showing the pictures from the cd. Once finished, I deleted the program from my pc & now Norton Win Doctor comes up with "Missing program files" ie : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SONYSYS.SYS. Cannot access a necessary file. "hal.dll". How do I cure my computer from this error message.

Richard N
31-07-2002, 11:14 PM
The possiblity here is that a shared file was deleted in the process of removing the programme.

If it were me I would remove nortons system works and reinstall it again and see where that leaves you.

Richard

godfather
31-07-2002, 11:35 PM
did you "delete" the program or "uninstall" it?

If you uninstalled it using add/remove programs, then its a buggy program and you may need to look on the sony site to see if they have a fix.

If you "deleted" it then feel suitably chastened and reinstall it, then uninstall it.

tweak\'e
31-07-2002, 11:59 PM
is windoctor make a windows error or are you just useing windoctor and windoctor is reporting that the file is missing?

if the later windoctor should give you optoins for repair

Kenny
01-08-2002, 08:26 AM
I went through control panel and used add/remove programs?

Kenny
01-08-2002, 08:29 AM
It's the Norton Win doc and it can't fix the problem, hence I have Win doc warning me of the red light saying you need to look at your system. Norton has in the past fixed my problems, mainly with registry

Kenny
01-08-2002, 09:34 AM
I have just uninstalled Norton System works and it had no effect. Still getting Notons Win doc red warning light with the Sony error message.