PDA

View Full Version : Office xp Registration Policies

Jack Jackson
28-07-2002, 11:52 PM
Hey Guys

Just wondering what is the policy for resale of software such as Office xp, I've seen this for sale in Cash Converters and would be alot cheaper for me to buy it this way. Can this product be re-registered with a new owner or is this classed as piracy ?:|

Thanks
JJ

godfather
29-07-2002, 12:00 AM
I think if you own the original CDs, the licence is yours. Make sure the key numbers are on the CD case.

If the seller has not deleted their copy they are in breach.

Watch Office XP and 2000 though as it needs to be activated over the web to work, and you cant guarantee what the status would be until you try?

What sort of $ do they want?

Heather P
29-07-2002, 01:04 AM
If the disks are stolen.... who is in breach?

Might pay to check with Microsoft in advance although I guess under the Fair Trading Act you could take it back if it doesn't work.

Jack Jackson
29-07-2002, 01:20 AM
Hey, Thanx for the reply's

They have $200 on it. (xp Pro)

JJ

Jack Jackson
29-07-2002, 01:25 AM
Yep, I suppose I could always take it back. Word is on the street, they have already been taken to the cleaners for piracy. Certain staff member making backups for a customer.

JJ

godfather
29-07-2002, 12:42 PM
Also watch out in case its an academic version as its not kosher to use it in commerce or non-academic environments

Jack Jackson
29-07-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey

Yea it's a academic version, This I need for assignments and so forth. I'm having trouble with my Office 2K mainly in Access with wizards and form building within Access. I'm not sure if the errors will rub off onto the new office package.

JJ