PDA

View Full Version : Automatically checking multiple email indenties

lama
25-07-2002, 09:56 PM
Hi,

At work I have a PC with Win 98Se OS with Outlook Express as my preferred email programme.

I share a the PC with two others for email usage.

The business has a main email identity but we each have separate identities.

Currently we have automated the dial-in task so the pc dials into our ISP every couple of hours but it only checks the main identity. To check other iidentities we have to manually select "file" - "switch identities" and repeat this process for checking each mail box.

Is there any way to set up an automated checking system such that once every couple of hours the pc dials in and systematically checks each account identity without us having to have any manual intervention?

wotz
25-07-2002, 10:42 PM
I don't believe you can, using identities. The only way would be to collect all emails with the main identity, set up folders for each user and set message rules to send them to the user folders. I guess you don't want this option due to the lack of privacy.

Elwin Way
25-07-2002, 10:54 PM
You can check two accounts under one identity, using one ISP (presuming the ISP supports routing eg you cannot retrieve Xtra mail if you connect to the net with Slingshot).

Can you have multiple instances running? eg run the program twice. Setup one to check one identity, then swap identities with the other. I dunno if this would work...

lama
26-07-2002, 01:54 PM
My thoughts were this appeared the simplist option, I wasn't sure if it was the most practical. However given that privacy is not the key issue, rather separating out business streams as different customers expect to deal with peaple in different divisons it may be easier to set up all the accounts to be collected by the main identity and set up some folder rules.

Thanx for your in put.