PDA

View Full Version : system restore problem

24-07-2002, 12:02 PM
i restored my computer to an to early time then for some dumb reason i restored my computer to the the same point again and i cant get back to the later time on my computer with all my new stuff i got from the net i can use new programs i got and even worse i cant uninstall the programs i cant use.
when i try to restore the an later time the its dosnt work, its stops at almosts 50% and then its dosnt do any thing for hours and its still dosnt work

who can i restore my computer to an later time.
and dont say use undo system restore because the last one is the same as the one i got right now

oh yeah if u cant help me then cant u help me on this,
i will formate my hdd and reinstall a new windows, what window shall i get. right now i go windows me. witch is crap!!!!!!! :*( .i want a windows that is good with games like counter strike and dosnt have any or much problems that windows me have

Biggles
24-07-2002, 01:29 PM
>i will formate my hdd and reinstall a new windows, what window shall i >get. right now i go windows me. witch is crap!!!!!!! :*( .i want a >windows that is good with games like counter strike and dosnt have >any or much problems that windows me have

Why go and spend the money on a new Windows? If you are going to reformat, and re-install windows, there is a reasonable chance that whatever the problem was might be gone. It's a not-quite joke but the standard answer from lots of tech support folks to problems is to "re-install Windows". So try it, and see if your problem sgo away. Like I said in one of your other threads - Windows ME is not neccessarily the problem.

24-07-2002, 01:35 PM
is window 2000 better ????????? mr MODERATOR???

Biggles
24-07-2002, 01:42 PM
Windows 2000 better for a 13-year old who claims to no little about computers? Probably not. For games compatibility, Win ME and Win98 are your best bets.

Baldy
24-07-2002, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't go blaming everything on WinME....... ME only gets unstable when people load it up with all sorts of crap.

On your system restore thingee, have you tried disabling it, rebooting, enabling and then rebooting? It might be something as simple as it being jammed or whatever. From memory, you can also manually put your own restore points in..... Also, it says on the restore info, that you WON'T loose any programs, so maybe you need to go hunt them down. They will still be in your programs........

BALDY

24-07-2002, 01:59 PM
naaaaa i didnt understand a thing u said

i tryed hunting but couldnt find the short cut for the programss

i want to start over any way because ive got so many crap on my computer that i cantt get rid of and theses last few months i learned lots about computers and i want a freesh start again

Baldy
24-07-2002, 02:11 PM
Before you do that, make sure you make copies of all your mp3's, emails etc, that you want to keep.

Re-formatting sounds like it will be your best bet, if you are in a jam.

Stick with WinME....... its a really good OS, as long as you keep it clean, updated and don't load it up with loads of rubbish. The only time mine gives me grief is when I have been bollocksing around with it.

BALDY

24-07-2002, 02:17 PM
can i conert mp3 files into wav files

loser
24-07-2002, 06:37 PM
when you reformat and reinstall windows, do things in this order:

reinstall windows.
reinstall ALL your drivers off the cd's or whatever you've got.
set up your internet connection.
run WINDOWS UPDATE from the start menu. you will need to run it multiple times, coz you have to reboot after some of the downloads.
after you have all updates, reinstall all the programs games blah blah that you want.

windows update should fix the issues you have with the restore function...

kiwibeat
25-07-2002, 01:26 AM
98 Second Edition is way better than ME for gaming I have both , its faster and less resource hungry, Win 2000 is more stable but was really designed for office applications networking etc a leaner more stable version of XP
for restore i use goback and to prevent htis happening in the future partiton your Hdd so your data is always safe 2 HDD are even better for this purpose.

25-07-2002, 05:59 PM
what is better for gaming me or 98se ??

fergie
25-07-2002, 06:06 PM
98 Second Edition is way better than ME for gaming I have both , its faster and less resource hungry, Win 2000 is more stable but was really designed for office applications networking etc a leaner more stable version ....

Can't u read?!

25-07-2002, 06:30 PM
SO whats shall i get 98se or stay with win me

its your choice!!!!!!!!!!

loser
25-07-2002, 06:41 PM
you've been given half a tonne of advice, and actually it's YOUR choice!

If you want to change to a leaner faster OS, change to 98se, and you will most probably get better performance.

If you already have ME, and you are not a HARDCORE gamer, stick with that. It's not really that much worse than 98 anyway, you are not worried about bleeding edge drivers and the like.

If you don't want your PC to crash anymore, get either 2000 or XP.

25-07-2002, 06:57 PM
i cant afford

im no a hard core gamer!! i only got cs. i cant afford any other games to be a hard core gamer

and what windows would u get if ur in the same situation as me.
poor
not that good with computers
freezing and and sound repeating prolem
have no friends to play with

by the way my cs internet name is yAnKaDoOdLe. have u came across me yet? ; )

loser
25-07-2002, 09:24 PM
ok, look, I'm trying to help you. Do you even read what everyone says?
Have you contacted your supplier about your computer crashing?
I seem to remember telling you all about my problems with a similar system.

If you are not a hardcore gamer, don't worry about changing anything. Just use ME, it's as good as any other MS OS. (good for nothing, but thats a different issue... ;) )
You computer crashing is not to do with your OS anyway, I think.

If you are not that good with computer, that's another reason to stick with what you have got...

Try and learn lots about windows ME, then in the future when you decide to change you will already have a lot of knowledge that you can apply to different versions.

The fact that you have no friends doesn't really matter when it comes to choosing an OS ;)
Buying a different version of windows doesn't make you cool, unfortunately....

As a tip though, when you want more games, go to cash converters and buy them second hand. You can get good games for 30-40 $, although they will bee a few month old... who cares though eh.

I don't play internet games, so no sorry I haven't come across you.