PDA

View Full Version : Zonealarm

Waldorf
22-07-2002, 01:45 PM
I run zonealarm on ME usually without problems.Recently its got this thing where it will sometimes start in the shut mode(cross icon) which of course kills the internet access. Occasionally it will repond to a restart of the program but more often you have to shut down and start again sometimes twice. It gets a bug up its a.... about something . I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times but it must be a conlict type of problem, or that damn Kernel 32 that rules my computer.Got any ideas to improve peace of mind?

Jams
22-07-2002, 02:11 PM
hey waldorf

are you running Norton Anti-virus as well becuase it is known to have a conflict with Zone Alarm. me my self have never had this program cause ive never run either program but all my friends have the same problem when trying to run the to programs.

Colpol
22-07-2002, 04:37 PM
I am running ME with Zone alarm and Norton and no problem.

tweak\'e
22-07-2002, 05:01 PM
what ver of zonealarm and windows do u use?

i havn't seen any probs with zonealarm and nortons tho ver 3 as had all sorts of problems (which is why i no longer use it) and there has been a few problems with XP.

Jen C
22-07-2002, 05:20 PM
ZoneAlarm and ME played up for me too with those Kernal 32 errors. I ditched ZA and switched to Outpost from Agnitum and had no problems since. Outpost is very easy to use and has good reviews. You can get it for free from here (http://www.agnitum.com/).

Billy T
22-07-2002, 06:15 PM
I use ZA-Pro V3.0.118 and have no problems vis a vis Norton AV, but then I don't run ME. I have Win98 original and Win2K.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

dipstick01
22-07-2002, 06:27 PM
I'm running ME with norton 2001 and Agnitum outpost for my firewall. I had zonealarm but ended up ditching it for the outpost for the ad blocking and the fact that it appeared......(note only appeared as I haven't tested etc).....that zonealarm slowed my connection slightly as opposed to outpost letting things flow like they should.

Waldorf
23-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Thanks for all that . I dont use Norton but will change to try out Outpostfor a trial.

kiwibeat
23-07-2002, 11:51 AM
no problems here on 98 sec edition and ME on 2 PCs