PDA

View Full Version : Javascript

csinclair83
20-07-2002, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know why javascript wont work when its enabled everywhere in the settings, it all of a sudden wont let me sign in hotmail or anything since javascript aint installed or enabled...
does anyone here know why

Susan B
20-07-2002, 02:30 PM
It's possible that your firewall or cookie filter has disabled javascript. Have you recently installed or enabled such a program?

csinclair83
20-07-2002, 03:22 PM
Not that i know of...
Uninstalled Nortons Internet Secruity
next morning javascript doesnt work

Susan B
20-07-2002, 03:35 PM
Well, there's your answer then. Norton's would have had some control over javascript to keep your PC secure and has somehow taken it with it when you uninstalled.

All we need to do now is figure out how to put it back....

csinclair83
20-07-2002, 03:45 PM
reinstall nortons?

Susan B
20-07-2002, 03:58 PM
You could, possibly. Why did you uninstall it in the first place? And did you use the Norton's uninstaller?

I had a very quick look around Symantec's site and there is a bit of info on uninstalling. I would suggest you go and have a really good look around for some help there first. This page (http://service2.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/docid/2001090510510636) gives specific advice on uninstalling but make sure you read it properly first.

I think also it would be a good idea to wait a day before doing anything in case someone else with more experience comes along and can advise further.

csinclair83
21-07-2002, 11:54 AM
uninstalled it coz it was disrupting my computer usage..
when starts up it says something about files missing, and when i shut computer down it brings up blue death window and mutters something about system not stable..
and uninstalled it and everything works without a problem apart from javascript