PDA

View Full Version : WFTWE...........Fuscous.......Which just about describes the day I've had!

Billy T
19-07-2002, 10:04 PM
Fuscous............Dark, sombre.

It has indeed been a dark and sombre day for Billy. :( Worked nine hours straight on a contract without really getting anywhere, went back to my car, spilled a drink all over my briefcase and tools in the back seat, then backed into a steel streetlight stanchion that jumped out behind me as I was reversing out, smashing the rear window of my station wagon (I reckon a couple of pedestrians pushed it). Put a nice crease in the tailgate as well!

FUSCOUS I said. ]:)

Please F1'ers, how do I reformat a tailgate?

Cheers

Billy 8-{(

B....
19-07-2002, 10:13 PM
Ring Microsoft. They have lots of experience at damage repair.

Jen C
19-07-2002, 11:03 PM
it's too late for your tailgate - they tend to be frangible!

Jen ;\

Heather P
19-07-2002, 11:04 PM
Well, according to the posts on the forum, install linux. It apparently fixes everything! Possibly also install adaware to prevent it happening again.

Heather

Bryan D
19-07-2002, 11:09 PM
Don't ring Microsoft ..... they'll want to sell you the latest upgrade .....

Heather P
19-07-2002, 11:11 PM
... or charge for tech support

exLL
19-07-2002, 11:20 PM
...and won't be wholesale prices either. It'll be "re-tail Gate's" prices!

Billy T
19-07-2002, 11:23 PM
But surely there's some hacks, or crackz, or serials, or freeware, trialware, shareware or abandonware that can restore my Win3.11 vintage tailgate to its former glory?

Or am I condemned to paying the upgrade price ?:| :(

Cheers

Billy 8-{(

Susan B
19-07-2002, 11:24 PM
A chocolate fish for you exLL, that is priceless!! :D

<*)))))><{

Heather P
19-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Billy, you should be ashamed of yourself. Asking for hacks and cracks on THIS forum....

A reformat could be a tad harsh - try reimaging through Photoshop.

exLL
19-07-2002, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the fish Susan. Glad it wasn't a wet one.

No chips though, AMD or otherwise.

Your "priceless" was pretty clever I thought.

BTW Billy, please accept my commiserations on your fuscous day! What rotten luck. (Pedestrians' fault, good, de-lighted your "standards are not falling"!)

tweak\'e
20-07-2002, 12:00 AM
"if all esle fails use a BIG HAMMER" ;-)

Billy T
20-07-2002, 11:38 AM
My goodness exLL ;)

I'll have to watch my standards! Yours are getting very sharp. If they get any better I'll have to ask Susan to keep an eye on you. ;\

I am pleased to say that today is turning out a little less fuscous, and I am feeling a little less frangible (thanks Jen) having had good news from my insurance company. I don't have to pay for the rear window or its installation because I previously bought out the glass claims excess.

So, if the tiny amount of panel damage costs less than my accident policy excess plus loss of no claims bonus, should I elect to pay for the repairs myself I can save a few dollars.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :) :)

PS Hardest part was explaining to the kids :8}

They already think I'm deaf and stupid, now apparently I'm blind as well :_| Just wait till I hear their excuses the first time they dent their pride and joy in years to come ]:)

Heather P
20-07-2002, 12:00 PM
Yes Billy,

There's nothing quite like the phone call at 1 in the morning. "Mummmm... can you come and get the car out of a tree?"

We have since, of course, told the blonde to get out of the car BEFORE indulging in tree hugging....

Susan B
20-07-2002, 03:07 PM
Don't worry Billy, I've had exLL under my care for a long time. All he needs is the opportunity and he's away! :D

Glad to hear that your frangibles are fading (I know that's not correct, but it sounds good!) and that you are getting a return from your insurance investment.

As for your little darlings, it's their duty to keep your head out of the clouds and they are all so good at that, aren't they? No matter, we'll get our own back one day...

Heather, you're scaring me! Our 14 year-old blonde has been having driving lessons around deserted riverbeds and country areas for the last six months. Everytime they go off I expect hubby and her to return with a huge dent in his precious wagon but so far she's doing well. He just wishes the brakes were less powerful and is grateful that the seatbelt works splendidly. :D