PDA

View Full Version : picture viewing

kerryr
19-07-2002, 01:36 PM
I used to have on my computer a program in the '97 office suite called MS Photo Editor. If I clicked on a jpg this would be the program that opened it. I installed the 2000 office suite but photo editor disappeared. I tried to run my '97 disc again but it seems to conflict with the 2000 edition and won't start. Is MS photo editor a free program? If so where can I download from? If not, can I reload from my disc somehow? Explorer currently opens when I double click a jpg.

Kerry

tweak\'e
19-07-2002, 01:46 PM
i don't use the ms photo edior myself but you will proberly find it on the office disk(depending on what ver of 2000 u have). if i remember rightly its not installed if you do the standard install.

kiwibeat
19-07-2002, 03:37 PM
i use ACDsee my self very powerful and friendly to use

godfather
19-07-2002, 04:17 PM
Are you sure photo editor "diappeared"?
Look in /program files/common files/microsoft/photoed.exe

I have upgraded Office 95 -97 -2000 -XP and its still there.

Mind you I wouldnt use it as its very primitive now, and does not handle .jpg properly, I use Ulead PhotoImpact (free edition)

It isn't installed by default as mentioned, not sure its included now, don't think so, too old?

Ferroshus
19-07-2002, 04:22 PM
You can still reinstall it off the office 2k disc
Go add remove programs in control panel and click on office 2k then click add/remove.You should then get a screen that has a button on it for add/modify, click that and you'll see a list of installed features. My guess is Photo editor will have a red cross thru it.Right click on it and choose Run from My Computer and you'll be away laughing.
Hope this helps. (I've just upgraded 230 odd pC,s at work and its the most asked question from users!)
Cheers

merlin-nz
19-07-2002, 06:02 PM
Godfather wasn't Ulead PhotoImpact (free edition) on one of the PC Worlds CD's lately.
If it was can u remember which one, can't seem to locate it myself.

cheers merlin-nz ;)

godfather
19-07-2002, 06:07 PM
Yes, it was. Must have been about 4-6 months ago I think. Good package, does jpg's OK for inserting in Word without making the document 30 MB!

exLL
20-07-2002, 01:20 AM
Ulead Photoimpact 5

A trial version is on the September 2000 CD if that helps at all.