PDA

View Full Version : Fonts in emails

thephoenix
19-07-2002, 09:29 AM
Simple question. I use Outlook Express had message from a company complaining about the font I used in email as it arrived as attachment or whatever. In business is it important to use basic fonts? If so any opinion of say 5 fonts that should not cause problems? Thanks

godfather
19-07-2002, 09:36 AM
I think that if you do not use the default font (or the font is not recognised by the recipient) then the outlook express email becomes a".eml" attachment.

I know this causes aggro for businesses (well for anyone really) but cannot be more specific as I never use OE

What puzzles me is why so many people do use outlook express when there are so many better (and free) choices....

merlin-nz
19-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Hear, Hear godfather the more people that use alterative e-mail and internet browsers the better, M$ sucks.

Probably get the Flame Thrower for that last remark.

cheers merlin-nz ;)

Biggles
19-07-2002, 12:57 PM
Stick to default fonts. Arial will be on pretty much every windows PC, as will Verdana and Times New Roman.

Elwin Way
19-07-2002, 06:27 PM
If I remember rightly from my OE days (before I got Eudora!) you could set things up to send email as a HTML format doc. If the recipient is not set up to recieve HTML, and PLAIN TEXT only, then they will get the HTML format as an attachment.

Or something like that.

All email programs should, if the font is not available, use their own default as a replacement. Go thtough your settings and make sure that there is nothing like 'embed fonts' set.