PDA

View Full Version : INCREDIMAIL

dot_com
18-07-2002, 11:06 PM
Hi everyone,

My Mum wants to put Incredimail on her computer (she like all the nifty doodahs)

Does anyone know of any problems (such as security holes?) with this program. I have tried to talk her into using Eudora, but some of her friends have Incredimail - and I think she likes the little notifiers, so I can't change her mind.

Thanyou for any info

tweak\'e
18-07-2002, 11:20 PM
have a search through the site i've seen a fair few people with problems with INCREDIMAIL. would prefer eudora any day but you know what joe bloggs are like, prefer fancy gimmicks over reliablity and security.

tweak\'e
18-07-2002, 11:47 PM
http://www.securitywatch.com/scripts/news/list.asp?AID=7533

Pauline
19-07-2002, 09:26 AM
We have had Incredimail for around six months now. My daughter uses it mostly, for her Hotmail account. We had minor problems at first getting the configuration right as it likes to think that it's the only Eamil programme. Norton's seems to work ok with it too as we were getting some infected files sent through last week. It is fun to use.

Bob Kehely
19-07-2002, 09:43 AM
Hello,

Been using it for a while now, security is good, had the occasional virus but AVG has stopped it. It is does spread out to about 15mb when its installed, and it does need a fair bit of computer resouces to work properly

Probably because of all the moving bits. As a added security measure, be sure to turn off the attachment preview unnder options/advanced.

There are now several web sites, that other graphics can be downloaded from, making choice of graphics huge.
and a receiptent of e-mail doesnt need incredimail to see the graphics.

cheers,
Bob

mikebartnz
19-07-2002, 09:51 AM
When sending emails with fancy stuff in them Incredimail has attachments which will get stopped at some business servers so won't get through.

godfather
19-07-2002, 09:32 PM
Thats now most businesses, not some.
"Mail Marshall" must be the best seller at the moment and blocks those attachments at most sites, so use Incredimail HTML base email with caution if your message is important.

Lucy
20-07-2002, 02:09 PM
I had Incredimail for a couple of months, enjoyed all the stuff you could do with it, but uninstalled it eventually, [twice actually]. It took 1 1/2 hours to send two messages one night!! My Hotmail messenger told me how many messages I had in my inbox before Incredimail sent the notifier! It was quicker to click on Hotmail! Your Mum might enjoy it though, and yes there's heaps of stuff she can add to it to make it more interesting.