PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Chat

paulb
18-07-2002, 06:38 PM
Can anyone solve this problem, please. I have until recently had no problem with MSN Chat, but now do. I have not changed any settings nor downloaded any new programmes. I don't have any problems with other chat systems. The problem is as follows:
I can log into MSN Chat either through MSN Messenger or MSN Chat & Communites on the XtraMSN homepage. The Chat room options can be selected, eg. Lifestyle. However, on then trying to open a particular Chat room the problem occurs - a new window opens, as it should, the Chat room name comes up but then the tool bar at the bottom of the screen flickers and the page does not download any further so that I can not see names in the room not chat. I have tried reinstalling MSN Messenger with no change. I wanted to reinstall Microsoft Chat software but this seems to only load automatically, if needed, and this does not seem to be the case. I have twice emailed Microsoft Help but had no response. Getting desparate! Please help!

robo
22-07-2002, 10:08 AM
I have no idea Paul, but am replying to get you to the top of the list.

Anyone out there use Chat? (I don't so I am not much use, something that some would argue isn't news).

robo.