PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard

shockwave
18-07-2002, 12:41 PM
Before the keyboard was fine. But after I have taken off the CD-ROM off the bay and put its original place the keyboard starts cutting off its function in a radom time, I mean to say that any key push nothing happening. The only way to do is to restart and it works fine.

This have been doing for two days and done a few restart, so I decided to get the latest driver(s) for the keyboard (LE290)on this site http://www.lohocn.com/download/mdrivers/Setup_2k.exe. But, apparently they only got 2K version.

Any suggestion and answer are mostly welcome.

godfather
18-07-2002, 01:57 PM
A bit difficult to fathom what you have actually done, but assume you have done this:

Shifted the CD Drive to another bay (back to its original position)

Now the keyboard fails to respond at times.

If this is correct, what you believe is the keyboard "failing to respond" is possibly the computer locking up.

When you re-located the CD Drive did you make sure it was plugged into the correct IDE cable (the big flat one) the same one it used before you shifted it back, as your problem may not be the keyboard at all, but a conflict between Master and Slave drives due to you using the wrong plug

shockwave
22-07-2002, 04:50 PM
I've done what you told me. But the keyboard still lock up in a rarely basis. Fortunately, from my point of view (dont call me stupid) it has been immune. For some reason, yesterday 21/07/02 I was playing MOHAA for 2 hours straight I should have a lock up but instead none. Do you think hardware and software are adopting the environment?

godfather
22-07-2002, 05:25 PM
I still think that when you say "your keyboard locks up" it is actually your computer halting, not the keyboard.

If it happens a lot in games, then its likely to be the drivers for the video card / chipset.

You will need to describe what hardware you have, in detail. Also what operating system

wuppo
22-07-2002, 05:46 PM
Go into an application where you can type continuously (e.g. word), and while typing, try moving the keyboard cable near where it goes into the keyboard, and also near where it plugs into the computer. If moving the cable interferes with the characters being typed, you have a broken wire in the cable.