PDA

View Full Version : uninstall then install internet explorer

backstage
18-07-2002, 10:41 AM
I would appear I have not got the most updated explorer even though it says i have. (explorer 6) So I wondered if i uninstalled it then re-installed it from the ms site it may improve things.
I have internet explorer 6, and with tools. Do i uninstall them both?
I have printed out a copy of my addresss book in outlook express.
Hope some one has the answer.
All is working ok except sometimes with McaFee there is a hitch
I have Windows me and 98 backed up

Markstnz
18-07-2002, 10:49 AM
Internet Explorer 6 is the most up-to-date version, although there are some security patches for it. There is no easy way to uninstall Internet Explorer, and I wouldnt recommend doing it if you plan on reinstalling it. I would suggest you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com and that should let you know what if any updates are available.

Elwin Way
18-07-2002, 10:51 AM
I got a message yesterday saying that windows update is now only available for windows 2000 and XP.

Microsoft bailing out?

Markstnz
18-07-2002, 10:54 AM
I knew they were dropping support for 98 soon, but didnt realise it had happened. But lets face it, they can't go on supporting this stuff forever. I dislike a lot of what MS does as much as the next bloke, but they've brought out plenty of new versions for people to keep up to date with...

backstage
18-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the advice. I reckon i will leave it as it is. MacAfee is the culprit and it only happens once in a blue moon and i fix it by runing scan and defrg in safe mode.
regards Derek