PDA

View Full Version : Floppy Drive: Write Protected????

06-08-1999, 03:39 PM
Hi,
I have been setting up a P75 for a friend of mine.
It used to be on a network and as such, the floppy was disconnected.
I reconnected the floppy drive (Yes, Pin 1 is positioned correctly...)
Everything seemed to work fine...but...
Although it is possible to read from a floppy and even copy data 'FROM' a floppy,
When attempting to copy 'TO'a floppy,
the standard windows message appears:
'Blah Blah Blah..disc is write protected..blah blah...ensure tab etc..is correctly set...blah blah'
Fair enough....but...
The tab is correctly set, and I even tried a 'known' good floopy which i had just writen to from home...same problem. Next step..Installed different floppy...same problem....
Hmmm..I thought..A Network security feature that I have somehow overlooked??? So I reformatted and re-installed Win 95 (something I was going to do anyway)...same problem!!!
Could there be a jumper setting that is restricting the 'write' function to the floppy drive??
Or do I have a floppy cable and/or motherboard fault??
I mst admit, I havnt had a good look in the BIOS but I dont ever remember there being such a setting for floopy drive, other than specifying if one is or is not installed, and the tyoe of media it uses.
Please help if you can,
Thanks,
Richard King

iso400
19-05-2008, 10:48 AM
A little late, but go to your BIOS and find and select "Disk Configuration"(might be different phrase depending on BIOS software). There should be the Floppy Disk screen. Look at "Floppy Write Protect." Toggle between Enabled and Disabled. Then select F10 to save setting and ESC.

This happened to me today. How? Darn computers! Darn Them ALL!

wratterus
19-05-2008, 10:56 AM
:lol:

Welcome to PressF1 iso, maybe a little pointless posting that 9 years later?

Mods, please look at setting up an auto lock on older threads....

Agent_24
19-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Lock them but don't delete them. Sometimes they have good info in them ;)

beeswax34
19-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Windows 98... Good times