PDA

View Full Version : About the free CD that comes with Imag

Pauline
17-07-2002, 01:29 AM
Am I right in thinking that the CD's have a use by date for the programmes that they contain? I wanted to view a CD from a few months ago but could not get it to run. I wanted to install Opera 5.1 but managed to put on 6 from the July CD but am not sure if it is a trial one or not. Time will tell. It takes a bit of getting used to this Opera 6. I did a previous post but I think that it disappeared on me so forgive me if I have posted twice.
Thanks
Pauline.

Chris Wilson
17-07-2002, 01:36 AM
i'm not sure what you mean by use by date, you can install whats on the CD anytime, although it may be horridly obsolete if you wait a year, or even a few months. and things are only going to get faster, and faster....
Opera 6.03 is great, Its what i am replying to you now from. I hope you get to enjoy it.
I've installed Opera on a 486, and it still ran, so it should run just fine on anything!

Scott Bartley
17-07-2002, 10:19 AM
Opera comes in a couple of versions...a free one with ads running in along the top....or one without the ads that you must pay for.

Some programs do have "use by dates" in that they won't install after a certain date...the RealOne Player beta caught me out in this fashion with our CD an issue or two ago.

Oh and Opera 6.04 is on the August CD which will be out in a couple of weeks.

Scott Bartley
17-07-2002, 10:28 AM
Sorry....the August PCWorld CD...