PDA

View Full Version : Defrag [again]

Lucy
15-07-2002, 03:08 PM
After starting the defrag [everything closed except the usual two], it starts off and then stops at 10%. Nothing will work, can't hit the stop button or close the window. So C+A+Delete and the blue screen comes up saying "The system is either busy or has become unstable". I had the same problem last night as well. Any ideas?? Thanks.

NathanTheKind
15-07-2002, 03:51 PM
restart in Safe Mode and try running in there.

:)

Peter H
15-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Have a read of the FAQ on this subject.
Bye

Graham L
15-07-2002, 06:37 PM
Lucy: an FAQ is a "Frequently Asked Question". There is a button ("FAQS")at the top right hand corner of this page. :-)

kiwibeat
17-07-2002, 09:06 AM
I use fix-it and diskeeper both are the very best programs available out there if you need further help tennisplayer43@hotmail.com

merlin-nz
17-07-2002, 12:43 PM
Hi Lucy,
I had trouble with Defrag and ScanDisk same MO as your self, Done both in Safe Mode and since then have not had to use Safe Mode again, (Touching the top of his bald head).
So give Safe Mode ago its the quickest way and by far the easiest, saves downloading and using a third party program for the moment anyway.

cheers merlin-nz ;)

Lucy
17-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys, will get around to trying it, can't understand why it's not working all of a sudden, had no probs in the past!! Enough to make you cry!!

Chris Wilson
17-07-2002, 07:38 PM
People talkas though safe mode WILL work, no matter what.
Not allways true.
If you try it and it doesnt work in safe mode either, you will not be alone. I canno defrag C: drive, i have excepted this. Fortunatly i have a D drive where i stash most things. I simply hope the problem will go away next reformat.

*Sparky*
18-07-2002, 01:05 AM
Or ...

You can download Power defrag from from www.powerdefrag.com and let that do it for you.

Restarts you computer with nothing else running, does defrag, then restarts your computer with everything running again.

Very easy. :)

PS. Dont work on XP.