PDA

View Full Version : if any of you vid card upgraders cant find a home for the old card...

Chris Wilson
15-07-2002, 02:46 PM
If any of you vid card upgraders cant find a home for the old card, and particually if you live near the middle of CHCH please i will help you find a home for it, i'll even pay $$ for it if you like!
email me "chris at millerton.co.nz"

substitute the " at " with an "@" ofcourse

i dont need an amazing card, i'm not a gamer, i just need something better than a s3 virge for my doze machine, and i have a linux home lined up for the S3 virge card. The most deanding thing i do is use photochop, and i'm not going to cry if it takes a moment to change on the screen.

Chris Wilson
16-07-2002, 11:03 AM
well it doesn't hurt to ask, so i thought i'd bump this one back to the top so those with old vid cards might see it

will pay for old vid card!!!!
woo hoo!!!
yes, heres your chance to cash it in!

ffff
16-07-2002, 11:45 AM
i have a gf2 64 meg ram, agp
what sort of price range???

Chris Wilson
16-07-2002, 12:20 PM
ooOOoo, that's a bit better than what i had in mind, i was hoping to spend somewhere around the $50 mark, for something simple but functional

However, obviously i would expect to pay a bit more for something like that.
Theres just one small hitch, in my experience, although VA503+ motherboard has AGP, the last AGP card i put in, it hated! I went back to the PCI super nasty.

Sorry, i should have specified PCI

tweak\'e
16-07-2002, 12:31 PM
can proberly do a new agp card for around that price (+p&p)

8meg sis or 8meg tnt vanta

ffff
16-07-2002, 05:53 PM
well if anyone else wants the card, it does work.
i wish to sell it as i got a gf4 card
make an offer and ill consider it

-=JM=-
16-07-2002, 09:11 PM
I'd happily sell you this onboard video. Just a pity that it's kinda difficult/impossible to remove and put on yours.

Elwin Way
16-07-2002, 09:17 PM
Onboard video is easy to remove.

All you need is a hammer and a cold chisel.

Dont hit too hard though, you only want the video off, not the whole board stripped.