PDA

View Full Version : A question of Cookies for webmasters

E.ric
15-07-2002, 12:05 AM
Does anybody in the F1 group give cookies from there web site? and if you do, do you find cookies useful? and how useful.

The other day I wired my homepage site up to a hit recorder, in the information it tells me what web site they come from to find my web site, most visitors come from Google search engine. and also tells me what they used in Google search. all thou I get someone coming to the web site every hour of the day, I think if I wish too, I could provide a better web site to give better information on what visitors are after.

The point is that if all web wasters did that we would be able to find better information on the web faster.

E.ric
15-07-2002, 12:13 AM
Ok spot the change.

Does anybody in the F1 group give cookies from there web site? and if you do, do you find cookies useful?

The other day I wired my site up to a hit recorder, in the information it tells me what web site they come from to find my web site, most visitors come from Google search engine. and also tells me what they used in Google search. all thou I get someone coming to the web site every hour of the day, I think if I wish too, I could provide a better web site to give better information on what visitors are after. The point is that if all web masters did that we would be able to find better information on the web faster.

Big John
15-07-2002, 04:12 PM
Personally I block all cookies. Why should I have other peoples junk files sitting on my hard drive. I only enable them for select few which require it such as online purchasing and even those I dont like.

Just a pain in the butt and is mostly used for advertising. You wont get squat from me. They just go down the tube

-=JM=-
15-07-2002, 07:30 PM
Cookies are good.

I come to this site and get logged in automatically.
They prevented me from having that iPaq ad too much.

mikebartnz
15-07-2002, 09:04 PM
I have no problem with cookies but I only allow them for the originating Web site. They can make your cruising life so much easier. As someone stated by allowing cookies you don't have to log on to this site every time.

Sam H
15-07-2002, 09:18 PM
I don't personally use cookies from this site to stop others that use the computer from posting messages under my name.