PDA

View Full Version : Scanners

Maxwell
14-07-2002, 06:12 PM
I recently changed my CPU (Win98SE) to one running WinXP.

I kept all peripherals from the original setup including a Vuegoscan Brisa 620U scanner, Model 6698-1UU. The original driver software (mirascanv3.04) would not work in the new system so I downloaded mirascanv403u10.exe from 'Driverguide.com'.

The programme appears to open when the desktop icon is clicked, however, when preview is clicked the programme displays the following:

'Read image data failure
Please restart scanner
Code [1282:1118]

No matter what I try I cant get past this point.

Do I have the right driver? If not, could you point me to the right one. If it is the right one, what must I do to get it to work?

Any help you give will be appreciated as I am a one finger typing newcomer to computers!

Sam H
14-07-2002, 06:51 PM
> I recently changed my CPU (Win98SE) to one running
> WinXP.

First of all I think you mean that You changed your OS (operating system) to windows XP. CPU stands for Central Processing Unit, the main part of you computer hardware.

Now to the real problem,

Make sure the scanner is not locked, as this will result in this error message.

If the scanner is making any weired noises that weren't there before then the drive mechanism or something else maybe buggered. Take it into a shop and get it fixed or if it is still under warranty then deal with it through who ever you got the scanner from.

If they don't solve the problem then try this, go to the control panel and uninstall mirascan. Restart the computer and then try and installing the latest drivers again.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Sam

Graham L
15-07-2002, 06:15 PM
I think we can forget about the lock ...

That driver seems to be for XP , so it could be that it isn't installed correctly. Definitely uninstall it, and see if the system detects the scanner, then let it be wizardly and install it. There doesn't appear to be much information about it.

It seems to be similar to Acer ... try the two first matches from google.co.nz on "brisa 620U XP". From the second match, you could try the driver for the Acer 620U.

Sometimes USB devices will work on one port and not on the other. ;-)

TEEBEE
15-07-2002, 06:48 PM
Try the following sites for new drivers
www.driveform.com/scanner4/2.html
www.scantips.com/acer.html
To get a good listing enter mirascan in Google and search web, there a numerous things to view.