PDA

View Full Version : waves files

Southbound
14-07-2002, 04:13 PM
Can wave files be copied from mp3 files?
If so, how!

Arlonian
14-07-2002, 04:21 PM
Yes, it can be done. You need the right software though.

http://www.audioutilities.com/mp3-wav-converter/mp3-wav-converter.htm

Try that one, see if you like it.

boom23
14-07-2002, 11:59 PM
Or if you're using winamp as your mp3 player, it can be done with winamp.

just go to preferences, go to output tab and select nullsoft disk writer plugin. Play your mp3 that you want to convert to wav file and it will turn mp3 to wav.

kiwibeat
22-07-2002, 01:36 PM
Cd creator and audio catalyst can do it for free ware http://www.ExactAudioCopy.de/
is a good site

Baldy
22-07-2002, 01:54 PM
Just read this thread...... thanks for the good information guys. I have some excellent CDs that I want to put into MyMusic folder so I can share on dc.p2p.net.nz

Regards, BALDY

vk_dre
23-07-2002, 12:58 AM
cool edit pro can do that too, but the downside is it costs $$$. a lot of money, stick to free programs.

cheers,
v.K-------- :D

Naraku Kasai
23-07-2002, 01:12 AM
dc.p2p.net.nz just links back to Orcon..Did I miss something there?

Elwin Way
23-07-2002, 02:21 AM
Whoa Baldy!

You don't want to be sharing wave files right? You want to have MP3s on your drive, not waves - MP3 are much smaller.

Plenty of utils around to rip CDs and create MP3s.

Just checking :)

Vince
23-07-2002, 05:07 AM
The FREE MusicMatch Juke Box will play and record Wave, Windows Media andMP3 Files in any combination; with error correction, oversampeling,and a choice of bit rate/file size. It has been available for download at the NZ PC world web site, also the cover disk. Otherwise go to MusicMatch.com. Vince

vk_dre
23-07-2002, 01:23 PM
yeah but musicmatch heavily depends on ur system's resources, ur computer will slow down tremendoulsy if u always run it at startup.
it is a good program, infact very good but makesure u have the capacity to handle it. + there r 2 versions of musicmatch, 1=freeware, 2=pay
the 1st one is good but won't give too good a oversampling rate and u can't convert the mp3 to wav, the pay version includes more features but once again like ms u have to pay $$$$$$.

cheers,
v.K---------- :D

Vince
25-07-2002, 02:04 AM
> yeah but musicmatch heavily depends on ur system's
> resources, ur computer will slow down tremendoulsy if
> u always run it at startup.
> v.K---------- :D
Why do you run MMJB at startup when it launches so quickly? It only takes 5 seconds on my PIII 450 with an integrated sound chip that has no ram of its own.
I tried to see exactly how much ram it uses, using WinRam Turbo, but got a different figure each time I loaded MMJB; between 3.5 and 9.5 MB; I figure somewhere in between. Vince