PDA

View Full Version : Zone alarm pro question?

slave1
14-07-2002, 12:50 PM
I recently purchased zone alarm pro, and everytime i dail onto the internet i get a display message from zone alarm saying that it will add this network connection to its trusted list (or something like that, anyways). I dont want to have to keep clicking this message everytime i connect to the internet. Is there an option somewhere in zone alarm to turn this off? I have all other messages turned off in zone alram, but cant quite seem to sort this one out. Thanks for any help.

boom23
14-07-2002, 12:52 PM
Well you should give it access to the internet so it won't ask you again next time.

slave1
14-07-2002, 01:11 PM
give what access?

To expand on what i said earlier, the actual message box displayed says "zonealarm has detected a new dailup network and has added it to your internet zone". So all it is doing is telling me something i dont really need to know.

tweak\'e
14-07-2002, 01:42 PM
if i remember correctly you can turn off the pop up alerts so it won't ask you. if all esle fails read the manual ;-)

Gorela
14-07-2002, 02:06 PM
Before you access the internet right mouse click on the ZoneAlarm icon in your system tray. Highlight and click on the "Restore ZoneAlarm Pro Control Center". This will possibly ask for a password, if you have one set up.

Connect to the internet and once again you should receive the alert about accessing. In the alert box click on the "Yes" and ZoneAlarm will remember that setting.

I am assuming that you are using a dial-up connection as you don't actually give any details about what and how you connect to the internet.

boom23
14-07-2002, 05:25 PM
Give what access? your internet connection ofcourse. As gorela suggested you have to click on yes (giving your connection to access to internet). it is a must. that's what you access internet with. If you choose no, you won't be able to access the internet.

Billy T
15-07-2002, 12:08 AM
I feel sorry for ZA. Imagine getting slagged on Press F1 just for doing your job properly!

No offence to Slave1 of course, he/she is entitled to ask cos that's what wer're here for but the situation tickled my sense of ridiculous. :D
BTW Slave, you will probably get a few more messages like that, especially if you use any automatic update systems like Norton AV.

The trick is to look and see if you recognise the program name. If you do, check to see why it wants access and if it is necessary to perform some function, just give it the OK.

I have recently discovered that saying yes to allowing Word to both contact the net and act as a server allows me to copy full web pages into word documents complete with all formatting and graphics. Word needs to go on line to get the details.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)