PDA

View Full Version : Norton Anti Virus Software

Johanna
13-07-2002, 02:36 PM
I have recently installed Nortons A.V.2002, which I ordered on the cumputer when my prescription ran out. Everything was working fine untill a got the message "cannot read subscription data" Reinstall anti virus software. "subscription service not installed"
I've re-installed the software twice and the same message keeps popping up. I'm at the end of my tether.
Does anybody have any idea what to do about this.
Your help will be very much appreciated.

ntddevsys
13-07-2002, 03:02 PM
Don't know don't use NAV but you could try getting help from

1. Symantec , they'll help (unless your copy ain't legal)
2.Your local computer store via email
3. Newsgroups like this one
4. TechTV call for help. Go to www.techtv.com/callforhelp , click contact us and ask for help though email

Thats all i can say

NTD DEV SYS

dipstick01
13-07-2002, 05:17 PM
Ok it seems that this happens quite often. The problem and solution are listed on the symantec site at this addy. http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2001101812424606?Open&src=sub&base=http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav/&next=nav_2002_sub_list_all.html&header=no&nextgr=button_sub_next_step.gif

godfather
13-07-2002, 05:22 PM
after the site refuses to recognise the address, look in the address bar of inernet explorer and remove all incidences of "%20"
Then it should work.

Lond URL's get "%20" added when they wordwrap in the input stage to this forum.

J ZEP
13-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Or as somebody stated if is a legal copy - the N.Z Phone help desk no is:
0800 442 795 or 0800 445 304 just in case you want them to walk you through fixing it.

Heidi
13-07-2002, 08:54 PM
I had this problem last August when i downloaded the trial version.
When it expired i ordered the full version and paid on my credit card.
I then downloaded the full version and had nightmares.
I phoned Nortons in Auckland in February this year after many e-mails to the download contractors and many hours on Symantec web page. Within a week i had a CD sent and help to clear the trial version from my computer. I am very happy with my norton 2002. Hope this info will help you Johanna