PDA

View Full Version : Pesky folder options

Chaospunk
13-07-2002, 02:24 PM
I can't get rid of the folder options from my desktop, some how i have the same option menu as in a normal frolder in xp on the left hand side on my desk top, the best way to explain this problem is with a snap shot of my desk top but i can't attach it to this message if you think you can help and would like me to email you the snapshot please reply, this problem is realy begining to irritate me and i'm desperate for help of any sort (short of formaying my hd). :(

ntddevsys
13-07-2002, 03:06 PM
1.Microsofts Knowlege Base on their web page or emailing them
2.Your local computer store via email
3. Newsgroups like this one
4. TechTV call for help. Go to www.techtv.com/callforhelp , click contact us and ask for help though email

Thats all i can say

NTD DEV SYS

J ZEP
14-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Hi chaospunk, do you mean you somehow have the open options menu you get from your folder options? Or say like if i went into folder options do you mean the whole of your folder options are on your desktop? Would be good if you could clarify that a bit please and i or somebody may be able to help - i know what you mean about it being hard to explain, its annoying when that happens, cause i probably haven't done a very good job at explaining what i meant above!

Sam H
14-07-2002, 05:17 PM
Does it disappear after a reboot?

Sam H
14-07-2002, 05:21 PM
If not try switching to windows classic view then switching back to xp style. This solved a similar un explainable problem that I had.

To do this right click some where on your desktop and go to properties, appearance and changed it.