PDA

View Full Version : digital camera

pipi
12-07-2002, 05:00 PM
I have just bought a digital camera (Sony DSC P71) But I do not like the editing software that came with it. It is called Pixela & I really can't understand it at all! The cd rom also had a usb driver on it & something called DirectX I have Picture Gear photo editing disc that I installed, but it won't work with my camera, it says that the cables aren't connected properly. which they are. I don't know much about cameras or the software, but surely I should be able to use any editing software? How do I get my computer to recognise the camera & new software? Do I have to get another driver or what? If I do, how do I do it?
Thanks

godfather
12-07-2002, 05:59 PM
What version of windows are you running on your computer?
That may be important for anyone to offer assistance.

If your computer supports USB (Windows 98 and above) one solution would be to use a plug-in USB reader for the Sony Memory Stick that the camers uses, which would then show up just like another disk drive, allowing you to extract the jpg files to any photo editing suite.

pipi
12-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Thank you for you help.
I am using windows 98. I have just been reading about the memory readers, I saw one that you can insert the memory stick into the mouse. Maybe I will look at that.
Thanks again

godfather
12-07-2002, 07:26 PM
I use a digital camera, which uses SmartMedia memory cards.
I use a USB reader, never used the package with the camera.
Also have a floppy disk adapter for reading the memory card, its slower but more versatile as it can be used with older non USB PC's

pipi
13-07-2002, 11:42 PM
Thank you godfather for your help.