PDA

View Full Version : Getting Disconnected While Online

Baldy
12-07-2002, 01:11 AM
Help Needed!!!!!

I know its been covered before, but can't quite find it.

Where do I go to "tick/untick the box that allows me to stay online (without being disconnected every 10mins or so )

I have Windows ME..........

Thanks everyone, BALDY :-)

vk_dre
12-07-2002, 01:30 AM
find where the original dial up connection is stored ( usually in the control panel, right click on it, go to properties, advanced and tick/untick the disconnect if idle for x mins, choose the time limit that satisfies u.
hope that helped.

cheers,
v.K--------- :D

Peter Coleman
12-07-2002, 08:37 AM
Hi Baldy,just remember that the ISP's will disconnect you if you show no action after a time too,(15 minutes for Xtra),and that setting won't help there,so just be aware you may not be getting dropped off from your end,it might be them(could also be the line,but thats another story alltogether.

Peter

Susan B
12-07-2002, 12:00 PM
Hey Baldy, after you're followed the other advice, make sure you set your email client (OE?) to check for new messages every few minutes to keep the connection busy when you've paused to read stuff.

Capital
12-07-2002, 12:03 PM
Hi Baldy
As well the steps outlined by "vk dre" you may need to make further adjustments if your connection is dialled-up when you activate IE and/or Outlook Express. In IE go to <Tools> <Internet Options> <Connections> <Settings> <Advanced>

Baldy
12-07-2002, 04:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. Seems to be OK now.

The cheques are in the post :-)

Regards, BALDY