PDA

View Full Version : HP Scanjet 4470c

kamstra
10-07-2002, 09:08 PM
When I open the precisionscan program for my HP scanner I get a message stating "Sorry, scanner could not be initialised. (Scanner not found)". The scanner is connected via USB. I have tried everything I can think of, including all the solutions recommended by the HP web site. Has anyone had the same problem and solved it with an alternative solution than those given by HP?

godfather
10-07-2002, 09:15 PM
Your problem or its solution will be operating system (and possibly hardware) dependent.

Please advise your vindows version (95,98,98SE,ME,XP) computer type etc.

kamstra
10-07-2002, 09:19 PM
My OS is win 98. I have downloaded patches, reinstalled software both in normal and safe mode plus a whole host of other suggestions from HP

godfather
10-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Please tell the "viewers" some history.....

Did it ever work, did it stop after a program was loaded, after a reload of the operating system etc etc.

This will help others to recognise any problems they have encountered and assist?

godfather
10-07-2002, 09:35 PM
Also there are known USB compatability problems, with certain types of chipsets, which require new motherboard drivers.

Again nobody will be able to help you here until you tell them the computer type (make and model, motherboard and CPU type if you know them)

kamstra
10-07-2002, 09:37 PM
Yes the scanner operated fine for about 6 months and it was after I had loaded some new software like; ZoneAlarm Pro, Mailwasher, Scan2CAD, E-Backup, pfd Factory. I have uninstalled ZoneAlarm and it made no difference, but I have not uninstalled any of the others.

Elwin Way
10-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Scan2CAD sounds suspect. Try removing that.