PDA

View Full Version : Calidad ink refills

Neil McC
10-07-2002, 08:22 PM
Hi,just been searching past posts on re-inking printer cartridges.Have just refilled my black HP930C cart,seems OK,but now wary of doing the colour one,as my better half uses it for making cards off scanned photos etc.Are there any suggestions on cheaper alternatives to buying the original, ie,does anyone sell cheaper filled cartridges? Thanks,Neil.

robo
10-07-2002, 08:33 PM
I get the impression that colour is three times harder to do (or more).
It is worth a try once though, but maybe people can post their experiences with the HP930C and refills.
robo.

merlin-nz
10-07-2002, 08:33 PM
Hi ya Neil,
Don't despair about refilling the color carts, I too was in the same predicament as u, but took the plunge and have never regretted it.
Used the Calidad Black and the color ones, not much to it, just follow the instructions to the letter. I read them aleast 4 times and did not spill one drop.
Was told at the time that the ink in most "Fill Your Owns" is only water based and if u do a lot of photo work, it will still work but.
Have used it to print photos and not that bad that i cannot tell the diff.
I'm using a HP DeskJet 930C Printer and all is well.

merlin-nz ;)

Bam Bam
10-07-2002, 08:52 PM
Have had no problems with the calidad refills. For me it works out to about a third of the cost of a new cartridge with about the same quality.

Do recommend that you have no distractions when filling the cartridges (i.e. kids locked in other end of house) and that you take your time.

There was a good article in a recent PC World but I can't remember for the life of me who the author was??

drys
10-07-2002, 09:47 PM
In Lower Hutt there is a place called Cartridge World who refill ink cartridges for all printers at about half the price of new they also test the cartridge and give you a printout of that test ive had no problems with these refills.
Regards Trev

*Sparky*
10-07-2002, 09:56 PM
> There was a good article in a recent PC World but I
> can't remember for the life of me who the author
> was??

The author was that chap above you with the chess piece next to his name.

Neil McC
11-07-2002, 07:50 AM
Thanks,I think I'll try it with the colour, now that I've done the black,which seems blacker than previous cartridges.That was the thing that worried me,that the colours would be so different.But it's a big saving.

tedheath
11-07-2002, 05:36 PM
Hi Neil,

I have used a calidad refill for the black cartridge of my HP 500 printer and the black is lighter and not as crisp.
Its ok for what I use but no where as good as original.
I also have a Lexmark 3200 color printer and have used cartridge refills from Intek refills in the black and color cartridges.
The addy for inktec which is based in Devonport is dorothy@inkjetdirect.co.nz

Cheers
Ted

Graham L
11-07-2002, 05:55 PM
A company in Christchurch (inkjet.co.nz) have pretty good prices. They do mine for less than the price of Calidad squeezies, so there's no choice. They've had the practice.