PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Internet Files

migdale
10-07-2002, 04:40 PM
I am using Windows XP Home edition
I cannot find the "Temporary Internet Files" folder in the windows directory when opening windows explorer.Can anyone suggest where to look.

vk_dre
10-07-2002, 04:52 PM
i use win xp pro, here is the path:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files.
also if u have multiple users on ur computer use paths like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxx\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
in the path above xxxx is the name of the user, for example, i call myself john, therefore the path would be:
C:\Documents and Settings\John\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
hope that helps

cheers,
v.K---------- :D

vk_dre
10-07-2002, 04:55 PM
oh and u might have to enable the viewing of hidden files, do that by clicking on "Tools, Folder Options, View tab, SHow hidden files and folders

cheers,
v.K--------- :D

migdale
10-07-2002, 05:41 PM
Still unable to locate Temporary Files folder.
Local settings was not in System profile

vk_dre
10-07-2002, 07:43 PM
did u enable the viewing of hidden or system files, because local systems is hidden by windows, just open up windows explorer and paste in the first path i gave before, it should come up, or open the search dialogue from the start meu and type in the path and hit search, should def. come up with results.

cheers,
v.K---------- :D

Poppa John
10-07-2002, 08:29 PM
I have XP & do it this way. Start/My Computer/select Local disk (C:)/Properties/Click Disk cleanup/gives Disk cleanup for (C:) window/tick boxes & OK. Is this any help? Poppa John (trying to give adice instead of asking for it!!!!!)

Bob Kehely
11-07-2002, 10:40 AM
Hello,

In XP home edition temporary the internet folder is located in the temporary folder, which is located in the windows folder.

pathway is : C:\windows\temp\temporary internet files

cheers,
Bob