PDA

View Full Version : I haven't sold out

robo
10-07-2002, 04:38 AM
Hi people
I am in Singapore for a few days, checking out where HP makes the inkjet cartridges. Will do my best to maintain journalistic integrity. Not sure if it is completely intact but trying hard.
Am typing this on a weird looking iMac that looks like a desklamp on steroids. Missing a mouse button. Very disoriented.
If I don't appear to be around much, I have an excellent excuse. Not prepared to do this on my Palm using my cellphone.
robo.

sal 
10-07-2002, 05:42 AM
this is or isnt the real robo.?

sal 
10-07-2002, 05:43 AM
and i know the whole mod icon next to the name thing isnt there, but still, , ive even confused myself now, dammit

robo
10-07-2002, 10:05 AM
Sal
Excellent point. Must be because I am logging in from a different machine.
Not sure anyone would fake a post like this.
robo.
(the genuine article, a little hot and still tired)

Scott Bartley
10-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Don't try and make out like it's a "chore" Robo....you won't fool any of us.

BTW....bring me back some nice perfume from duty free wii ya?

nzStan
10-07-2002, 10:58 AM
LOL ask your host to take you to Bugis Street (although I understand the S'pore government changed the street name to get rid of its reputation). I hear some of the queens there are better looking than the real thang.

Poppa John
10-07-2002, 03:54 PM
Why the hell would anyone want something that is "not the real thing" YUK. Fastidious oldfashioned Poppa John :O :O

Elwin Way
10-07-2002, 06:47 PM
Hey Robo,

While your at duty free, can ya grab a bottle of Beam, black label preffered.

Cheers.

Graham L
10-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Nice to know that HP follow PressF1. ;-) Not a bad bonus for asking about reloading ink cartridges here. Maybe they want you to write an article about why people should not refill cartridges. B-)

Poppa John
10-07-2002, 08:38 PM
Re robo in Singapore. "Methinks he doth protest too much" (something like that) Poppa John poetry stealer. ;\

robo
10-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Scott - Perfume?
Elwin - Beam? Yuck.
We'll see what the factory is like, really looking forward to it. I love factories. Then we can see what I can say about it. I heard a rumour that Dell are toying with the idea of hitting HP where they make most of their money - printers and ink. That could be interesting, won't make much of a difference in NZ.
Prices here aren't cheap, man are they not cheap. Haven't looked at PC stuff but other stuff very healthy pricing. $5.40 for mcMuffin combo for breakfast, converts to about $6+ in Pacific Pesos. I am sure it costs less at home.
As for that street mentioned, I don't think so.
Not sure what my access will be like for next couple of days, but this iMac sucks. Although I do wonder what life would be like if I used one. Most things work on both platforms now. The lcd screen is very clear. Just miss the right button heaps.
robo.