PDA

View Full Version : Files Types on XP Professinal

JamesStewart
09-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Kia Ora. I am wondering, I have Winamp, Windows Media Player, Music Match and a whole array of audio and video applications. I am getting sick and tired of one kind of file playing in one thing and another in yet another application. I have come to the point in XP where .mov, .mpeg and .avi file change their file type to "Qicktime Movie" files. I had ME and you used to be able to change the file tpye from the "rename line" by typing "movie.mov" to "movie.mpeg" and so on. Is there any way to do this in XP and how can I make all my AV files all work on Windows Media Player and not the rest.

Thanks

James

*Sparky*
10-07-2002, 01:50 AM
Hi James,

Try right clicking an .avi file, click "open with" (or if that option isn't there, right click while holding down shift) then select "Windows Media Player" from the program options, and remember to click the little box near the bottom that says "Always use selected program blah blah blah"

Should do the trick.

PS. Check that your Quicktime options aren't set as your default viewer.

boom23
10-07-2002, 03:25 AM
The easiest way would be I think, to associate files with WMP. Open up WMP and go to options, you should see file types tab. In there you can select the files you would like to open with WMP.