PDA

View Full Version : Addresses on XP

Poppa John
09-07-2002, 08:52 PM
After following F1 for a few weeks I am accumulating lots of little pieces of paper with web site addresses on them, usually with cryptic comments I have made on why. So what do I do with them? I don't want to put them in Favourites, nor in Outlook Express Address Book. Any suggestions? Simple & easy please. :D Still Learning Poppa John.

godfather
09-07-2002, 08:55 PM
If you have Word or similar type them in as hyperlinks, then opening the text document and clicking on the link will launch IE and take you to the link.

Otherwise punch a small hole on the corner and hang them in the loo, for "recycling"

Poppa John
09-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Goddie. Hey oop Lad that wor damn quick, tha moost have bin lukin oer me shoulder!! So with a "Hyperlink" do I have to go into Word every time I want to connect to an "Address Site"? Or can this address site be "Desktopped" with an Icon?
Re the "hole in the corner paper". When I was a small boy living in Wales this was my job. & lookout if the supply ran out!! It was expressly forbidden to use "shiny" magazine paper (for obvious reasons), but what a thing to say to a small boy. Now & again one could slip in two conscutive pages & wait for the ROAR followed by a "thick ear". Not really Good Clean Fun but........... Bad Young Poppa John ]:)
Don't you remember the daftest things as you get older?? :8}

godfather
09-07-2002, 09:32 PM
Yeah
You had it luxurious, we were so poor we couldn't afford old newspaper even.
Ever tried using coarse woodshavings......cor!

Re hyperlinks, come on! If you dont want them as favourites you certainly aint got room for them as separate icons on the screen!

You can save your word document to the desktop to open from there, which is probably what you mean. After you type in the full address (include the http...) in word, highlight it and select Insert - hyperlink -ok and it should turn into one.

Poppa John
09-07-2002, 09:35 PM
Oh Lordy, probably not a seemly topic to bring up, Sorry. However I am sitting here with tears running down my face, laughing at that exploit & a few others that come to mind from that time of life. Must admit, tho, that that was a very happy period in my life. Must remember to put them in my Memoires one day. Naughty Poppa John. ]:)

Poppa John
09-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Goddie. Ok will try the Hyperlinks in the morning when I am fresh Thanks.
AS to the coarse wood shavings, in my pillow, straw in the mattress, not joking now. Happy Poppa John.:)

BIFF
10-07-2002, 02:16 PM
Splash out for a copy of Outlook (Or the whole Office suite) and use the virtual Sticky yellow 3M post-it notes.... If you do get it then you can scrap OE in favour of the Real Outlook :)

-=JM=-
10-07-2002, 06:15 PM
I usually just end up writing things down an A4 sheet whcih i leave in front of teh computer.

Also sometimes just copy the links into notepad and copy them across when need be.

Graham L
10-07-2002, 06:20 PM
That's my my technique too: write things down on a piece of paper. Then lose the piece of paper. :_| The next step up: Put the piece of paper in a safe place . B-)

Poppa John
10-07-2002, 08:52 PM
Lets not go into "Safe Places"!!! In a spitting fizz at the moment trying to remember the "Safe Place" I put the bathroom heater timer instructions in.
!@#$%^&*()_+ Angry Poppa John :8}