PDA

View Full Version : Homepage

Ritzz
08-07-2002, 07:22 PM
I would like to setup my homepage on the free space provided by my ISP, Paradise. They say Microsoft Frontpage extensions are not supported.

Can some one tell me what this means. Can i still use Frontpage 2000 to create my webpage?? If so what can i not do Frontpage 2000.Thankx

Elwin Way
08-07-2002, 09:52 PM
Frontpage extensions are sort of 'plugins' that work only with frontpage.

However, if you do not use these 'plugins' you can still successfully create a web with frontpage.

Having said that, my advice (being an Internet Portal Engineer) is to use a program that deals with 'compatible' formats of HTML. There is plenty of freeware and shareware composers about. If you're new to it all, I suggest a good start would be Webmonkey (http://www.webmonkey.com).

Andrew B
08-07-2002, 09:55 PM
If you have FrontPage 2000 check the help pages with the query 'Frontpage Extesions'. This will explain which features are not available if the server your web is hosted on does not support FP Extensions. Also I would ask your ISP why they don't support them.

Ritzz
09-07-2002, 10:59 PM
Thankx to both of you guys. i didnt check the post till today and i guess you wont be returning to check either as its way down in the message board. But i did go ahead and designed my webpage. It worked fine
I disabled the extension as you had said Andrew by looking in help and disabling it.

Well everything is good so far and thankx for both of your replys.

Elwin Way
09-07-2002, 11:46 PM
Hey why don't ya put up the address so we can dissec.. err... test it for ya :D