PDA

View Full Version : Godfather & Real Music

Poppa John
08-07-2002, 02:43 PM
Goddie. Just getting my first fix of the day on F1. Auckland, miserable wet cold windy day. Mug of tea to hand,strengthened with a little something. Cockatiel wandering around the desk, chewing cables. Gustav Holst' Planet Suite playing on my Tin Box Tinny Speakers, what bliss. Just got to Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age. Very moving. It's a bugger being at the wrong end of life. Poppa John :( :( :(

godfather
08-07-2002, 03:20 PM
Not that young myself, but cant sit and ponder as I would like, unfortunately have to eat and need to earn money to do so. Keep pounding these keys to eke out a living...

If I turn on the real music SWMBO (She Who Must BE Obeyed) pokes her head in and growls..I am meant to be working.

I retired early a couple of years ago I thought...

Poppa John
08-07-2002, 04:24 PM
Have not got a SWMBO so my time is my own!. What do you do for a living? I don't, Medics won't let me. Poppa John :-(

Elwin Way
08-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Hiya Poppa, what part of Papatoetoe are you from? I grew up in old Papatwotoes... went to Papatoe West I did.. :D

I was just wondering if either of you two gentlemen would happen to know what the song is that play in the background of the National Bank ad?

Poppa John
08-07-2002, 04:46 PM
Elwyn Way, Wyllie Rd Old Pop. Will listen out for the Nat Bank Ad. Poppa John. :D

Neil McC
08-07-2002, 08:04 PM
Hi Elwin Way,it's from one of the 4 concertos in Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons".Sorry don't know which one,Spring,Summer,Autumn or Winter.

Poppa John
08-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Neil McC sounds like a REAL music lover as well, thats three of us. Anybody else?? Just to spoil the effect, I have everything that Pink Floyd have done. In its own way this is serious music as well, honest. ;\ ]:)
Poppa John

Elwin Way
08-07-2002, 09:33 PM
Thanks Neil, I thought it was Vivaldi...

LOL, yea Pink Floyd are cool - someone nicked all my Floyd CD's :(

Right now I'm listening to 'Ride the Lightning'

Next will probably be Strauss..

:D

Elwin Way
08-07-2002, 09:40 PM
Hey Poppa,

Is that just everything by Pink Floyd or is Roger Water included? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if you happen to have Radio Chaos by Roger Waters. I had the tape (got nicked) and I'm buggered if I can find it anywhere! :(

Poppa John
08-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Elwyn, Never actually been to Porirua but passed it a few times on the Motorway Poppa John

Poppa John
08-07-2002, 09:47 PM
No sorry only Pink Floyd, nothing by Roger Waters. I don't think the band is the same since he left, although he did dwell on his Dad being killed then, lyrics too gloomy, as in Final Cut. Poppa John.

Chris Wilson
10-07-2002, 01:03 AM
blimin heck...

Another one from papa2toes.. I spent the first 17 years of my life in St George St. That was a wee while ago now, so i suppose it's changed a bit.

I'm listening to Blyth Power.. i suppose that doesn't count as real music!

Poppa John
10-07-2002, 04:40 AM
Hello Chris Wilson, Ex Aucklands No 1 Suburb, Why did you move down there into Smog Town? The old wooden Railwat Station Building has been moved up to that piece of land between the Police Station & the railway line. Doesn't belong to the Railway anymore. Apart from that we now "belong" to the Manukau City Council as a Ward. Cheers. Poppa John :)

Poppa John
10-07-2002, 04:40 AM
Hello Chris Wilson, Ex Aucklands No 1 Suburb, Why did you move down there into Smog Town? The old wooden Railwat Station Building has been moved up to that piece of land between the Police Station & the railway line. Doesn't belong to the Railway anymore. Apart from that we now "belong" to the Manukau City Council as a Ward. Cheers. Poppa John :)

Poppa John
10-07-2002, 04:42 AM
Oops, double post Sorry P J :8}

nzporscheboy
10-07-2002, 10:53 AM
Do you guys never go to bed? Or do you sleep in front of the computer and have your speakers up so loud that your emails wake you up? Although, come to think about it...... i would be up at strange hours if it were'nt for SWMBO (in my case my mother)

Brendon ;/

Chris Wilson
10-07-2002, 11:28 AM
Pappa John,
Seeing you asked, when i was 17 the inner city appealed, when 24 it stopped appealing so i moved to the southern west coast, i gained links with christchurch's "earbashing" music scene, and at 32 finally moved over here to be a promoter and one of those people stacking a huge excess of speakers and lights around stages...
Live music is in a sad state now, but i'm still here.
Btw Christchurch is nowhere near as smelly as it used to be, you can still smell the smog on a bad day, but atleast you can see the other side of the street now.