PDA

View Full Version : Mulizone DVD movies

Space_coyote
07-07-2002, 07:54 PM
Hey guys,
I've been offered a DVD movie which the owner claims is "Multizone". I have a Sony DVD-Rom, which has a limited number of zone changes. Can anyone tell me what effect it'll have on the zone setting if I use this disk in my drive? Will it set it to Zone 0, or will it just not change the setting? Any ideas?

godfather
07-07-2002, 08:00 PM
Zones are *normally* changed by you in order to play a disk that is zoned differently from your drive.

If its a multizone dvd then why would you want to change the zone on your drive?

If your dvd drive insisted that it change zones on its own I wouldnt want it in my machine!

Space_coyote
07-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Thats what I mean... If I try to use this multizone disk, is it going to require that I change zone settings to watch it? Because if I have to change settings everytime I want to switch between multizone and Zone 4, it's going to use up my limited number of changes pretty quickly.

-=JM=-
07-07-2002, 09:38 PM
I've never heard of a multizone DVD movie before.

You could try downloading Region Killer (http://www.elby.org). It should allow you to watch any DVD with out needing to modify the ROM drive.

Mike
07-07-2002, 09:51 PM
> Thats what I mean... If I try to use this multizone
> disk, is it going to require that I change zone
> settings to watch it? Because if I have to change
> settings everytime I want to switch between multizone
> and Zone 4, it's going to use up my limited number of
> changes pretty quickly.

"Multizone" DVD means that it'll play on any region DVD player, so you should be able to just put it into your DVD drive and play it on Zone 4, because the actual disk isn't restricted to just one zone.

Mike.