PDA

View Full Version : Project Roadmap

sblac
05-07-2002, 03:50 PM
As Systems Support person on a small manufacturing site - we are
planning a lot of programming projects to develop our production system to suit our business.
I would like to create a project roadmap, that I would store on the network server, that my colleagues could access and see just what was scheduled, timeframe, project leader and bullets on key aspects of the project objectives.
I would like to make it something fun and exiting so all colleagues would source the roadmap and look forward to seeing what progress had been made, what stage there project was at.
I am wondering what would be the best software for such a roadmap.
We are a mixed site of WinNT and Win98 w/stations and currently only have the basic MS suite of programs, Excel, Word, Access. Any suggestions as to preferrred flexible software would be appreciated.

wotz
05-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Take a look at power point, which you may already have. As the project continues you can delete the earlier frames and make other modifications as required

mutts
05-07-2002, 11:52 PM
you can do it using a mix of excel and access, excel is great for graphs and so fourth, using access you can create a friendly interface to view the tables (also posable in excel 97 or later). Create your raw data on a couple of sheets and a macro to hide those sheets, create the graph sheets and a macro to go to print preview for diff departments and or the project on a whole. took me around 15hrs of work to do much the same.

No offence but power point is more designed for presentations not so much ongoing changes. you have keep recreating the images and data, lots easier yto set the template and just input any data changes.

Paladin

Elwin Way
06-07-2002, 03:42 PM
Hi,

Have you done a search for it? I'm sure I have seen such software in my travels. Try 'project management software' in google or such. Plenty of (good) freeware and shareware out there.