PDA

View Full Version : accessing e-mail programme from IE5.5

Joe Davies
03-07-2002, 11:40 PM
Dear Friends,

My old Windows 98SE version of IE 5.5 used to access my Pegasus e-mail programme from the browser. Fool that I am, I upgraded to ME and downloaded some updates to IE. Now I don't get offered the option of accessing Pegasus from the browser.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks for any help ...

Joe Davies

BTW, why does IDG want to know things like my age and occupation as "must answer" items in the registration for this site? And I didn't notice any statements about not on-selling the information. What's going on? Are you guys selling out? That would be a terrible shame, Press F1 was such a brilliant service.

Biggles
03-07-2002, 11:47 PM
Did you read the text at the bottom of the registration form that says this?:

Privacy Policy
The information you provide here is used by IDG Communications Ltd to identify the demographics of our audience for editorial purposes. Personal Information will not be provided to third parties. At IDG Communications Ltd we respect your privacy. Please click here to see our complete privacy statement

*Sparky*
04-07-2002, 01:56 AM
> BTW, why does IDG want to know things like my age and
> occupation as "must answer" items in the registration
> for this site? And I didn't notice any statements
> about not on-selling the information. What's going
> on? Are you guys selling out? That would be a
> terrible shame, Press F1 was such a brilliant
> service.

Haven't you noticed Bruce's and robo's new cars. There are flush with money. The old Press F1 was part of a conspiracy perpetuated by Bill Gates to collect information. With the release of the new Press F1, Bruce and robo have been paid out as a reward for sucking us all in.

Long live MIB :)

Biggles
04-07-2002, 09:41 AM
Robo gets paid? Hey ...

Susan B
04-07-2002, 10:07 AM
Everytime I've updated my IE 5.5 some of my settings get ridden over.

Have you looked in Tools>Options>Programs>Email to see if you can put Pegasus in there?

Joe Davies
05-07-2002, 11:04 AM
Hi y'all!

Thanks for the responses. Guess I musta missed the fine print. It still seems to me that the only people who would be interested in that information are advertisers. Plus I hate the new "have to accept the damn cookies" system ... Oh well, I guess we live in a commercial world.

Thanks Susan B. Yep, That was where I went to try to restore the email programme, but it doesn't let me enter anything, and only gives me a "Hotmail" option. I don't have a hotmail account.

What I'd really like to know is how to get the thing to give me the option of Pegasus like it used to. There must be some place that sets the options available. Does anyone know where it is and how to access it?

Thanks for any help.

Joe Davies

Susan B
05-07-2002, 11:57 AM
In that case I know as much as you then. :-(

I have a sneaky suspicion that it was a "fault" designed on purpose by MS so that people will be more likely to use OE, because I'm pretty certain that I used to have a choice in that option and I don't now since my updates.

No doubt there will be something somewhere on MS's site that will tell us how to fix it, but as always it will be a bit of a devil to find.

One day....