PDA

View Full Version : internet explorer freezing active x?

daybec
02-07-2002, 11:13 PM
Hi, my internet explorer (v.6) keeps on freezing when any popup windows appear. I have run the pc world recommended program pcdoctor on call and amongst other faults it diagnosed the activex with about 40 faults with a main heading of "invalid activex\com subsection file", would this have anything to do with ie6 freezing up?
I am running windows ME with a 900mhz processor and 128mb ram and an nvidea 64mb geforce2 graphics card.
I have defragmented and used system restore and also updated ie from 5 to 6 but to no avail.
Can any one help?
Thanks Dayne.

tweak\'e
02-07-2002, 11:40 PM
how do you mean freezing? does all windows freeze and you have to crt alt del them or do you just get a blank window. what happens when you rightclick 'open in new window'?

daybec
03-07-2002, 08:56 AM
Everything freezes including the cntr alt del box. The only thing that works is the curser. Nothing else works.

Dolby Digital
03-07-2002, 05:15 PM
Have you tried reinstalling IE. A configuration setting may have got corrupted or something.

daybec
04-07-2002, 08:53 AM
figured out it is not just when pop ups appear but when you have more than two windows open at a time. If that is any help.