PDA

View Full Version : New Version of Opera

drys
30-06-2002, 08:00 PM
I see there is a new version of Opera Available. Anyone using Opera if so what is it like compared to IE6.
Regards Trev

-=JM=-
01-07-2002, 12:41 AM
Opera rocks....... apart from the little ad in the corner *cough* remove it *cough*

I find it to be faster than IE and tabbed viewing is always good.

marty
01-07-2002, 12:43 PM
I've been using Opera right back to when there was v3.1 or something - I subscribed then for US$30 and it hasn't cost a thing since - works great - good e-mail once you get it set up - some strange wording in the instructions but backup service from real people at the Opera website is brilliant - thoroughly recommended. Also I guess because Opera is nowhere near as common as MS explorer that I get NO spam or viruses in my mail (unless I'm completely dumb and go to one of those XXX sites!).
Regards - Marty

nzStan
01-07-2002, 01:34 PM
Best feature of Opera and Mozilla is ability to turn off Pop Up windows.

drys
01-07-2002, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback people I think I will give it a go could be fun.
Regards Trev

kiwibeat
31-07-2002, 04:49 PM
opera is small and fast no real issues other than not all sites are 100% compatible with it for general sufing its rocks beats IE hands down .

Chilling_Silence
31-07-2002, 05:20 PM
True, But if you install Java, that eliminates a lot of pages, but there are still some out there that simply won't work, I love it, and would reccommend downloading the Java version, It'll take longer, but it's worth the wait IMHO!

Chilling_Silence

loser
31-07-2002, 05:55 PM
I much prefer opera to IE
I have experienced a couple of problems though...
1) you might have trouble if you use it for online banking... banks seem to only want you to use IE, but then IE will still be on your system anyway so you can still use that just for banking and use opera for everything else
2) I tend to get a few illega operations from Opera. It has a cool function though that lets you start browsing at the place where it crashed... so if you have a dozen web sites open at once and opera crashes, it can open them all back up next time you launch it. I think the illegal operations are due to other software anyway, not Opera specifically...

On the whole its much nicer to use I think