PDA

View Full Version : PressF1: A Feature that could be added

Craig Bellhouse
30-06-2002, 12:21 AM
Would it be possible to add a feature to PressF1 that would allow someone to recieve emails about relevant topics that have just been posted??

Say I wanted to know a bit about graphics cards, I could place a query that would send me email notification if a post arrives that had graphics cards or video cards in the text...

This could also be useful if I knew a large amount about specific topics, I could be notified about such topics as they arrive, and be able to post input or whatever...

Cheers,
Craig.

Biggles
30-06-2002, 01:41 PM
Craig - cool idea but we don't currently have a way to do that. You'd either have to have some way of scanning the content of posts for keywords - like the job alerts that sites like jobuniverse.co.nzand seek.co.nz do for job seekers - or introduce a much expanded categorisation system so that you could select categories of post you wanted notification about. The latter option is the simpler one, the former (if you had it working well) would be the more user-friendly one and possibly more useful.

I'll put it the ideas list though for possible future development, as it has defeinate potential.

Craig Bellhouse
01-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Cheers for your response, but isn't it funny how new ideas about stuff you could have always crop up just a few weeks after you implement some radical new changes, and you wish you thought of all this stuff earlier!!

:)