PDA

View Full Version : Back button

Richard
29-06-2002, 02:37 PM
I notice with this new forum (which I think is great) that as with the old PressF1, returning to the topic list is far faster with the IE 'Back' button than with the 'Return to Topic list'. As before I am still learning so much just by browsing through the various posts.

Cheers
Richard

Graham L
29-06-2002, 03:24 PM
The reason for that is that the page is cached on your computer. Back will get the copy off your disk, rather than sending a message to Auckland, which then composes the page and sends it to you. However, if you have posted a reply, it can get a bit messy. ;-)

Poppa John
29-06-2002, 05:18 PM
Richard I am on XP. I click-click on the back button quickly & that usually does it for me. Double click is it? Poppa John :-)

Richard
30-06-2002, 10:22 AM
Poppa John, A single click is all that's needed. Graham is quite right in saying that 'Back' retrieves a cached version of the page, but there is another advantage over the 'Back to Topic List' button and that is that you go back to the place in the list you were previously, and not back to the top of the list again. Of course you do need to refresh from time to time to pick up new posts.

Cheers
Richard

Poppa John
30-06-2002, 01:35 PM
Aye Lad thas reight, Ta Poppa John :8}