PDA

View Full Version : PressF1 Advanced Features are not bugs

Graham L
29-06-2002, 03:00 PM
In the process of activating a couple of bugs in the Java code which runs this forum, I became curious. What formatting tricks can we do?

We can do bold , italic , and underline without adding line breaks. We can with linebreaks , do preformatted "code" . That's documented.

Did you know we can do bold italic , and bold-italic with underlines ? And this , and this ?
And this, which is not very useful ?

And today, I have found that we can do special characters like if we have the . (The Alt/numeric code trick does not work on this public system). How I do it? No extra programmes --- just the browser. No font changes.

Graham Petrie
29-06-2002, 06:26 PM
That's Hot! Graham L! 100C :-)

G P

Graham Petrie
29-06-2002, 06:37 PM
OK, I give up, I used alt-ASCII codes eg alt+248 = and alt+184 = etc

So, if you didn't use these

>The Alt/numeric code trick does not work on this public system

They must do, but obviously you didn't use them.

What did you do?

hmmmm

G P

-=JM=-
29-06-2002, 07:54 PM
I'm picking that some HTML is allowed. >

Now for a wee test, what happens when we put the text for the link as the address of another website.

http://www.pcworld.co.nz/ (http://www.pressf1.co.nz/)

-=JM=-
29-06-2002, 07:58 PM
I wonder what other HTML is allowed then.

images/logo_pcw.gif</a>

<font color="red">red text</font>

Graham L
01-07-2002, 05:45 PM
The Alt/numeric doesn't work here. It does for you. You are not being "protected" :D.

I use &#XXX to get code XXX.

I had to use "'ampersand'amp;" to get "&" in this, # came through OK. It does the substitution in preview, which is a nice check, and the result is copied back to the entry page, so it is sent as one character. But it's being processed by the Java code --- I don't know if that is sent as an applet or is processed in Auckland.

All good fun isnt it. ;-)

Graham Petrie
01-07-2002, 06:23 PM
Clever - pity my java skills are nonexistant.

G P