PDA

View Full Version : Attachments

ramu
29-06-2002, 09:55 AM
Hi All the Dear Ones

I encountered a problem just yesterday. I received two PDF files attached to an email. Wanted to send it to a friend. Also wanted to do so without including the letter from my him. But I couldn't do it without the letter.

I tried to copy the file to a Floppy that failed to appear later although the system showed symptoms of copying it while I was being 'connected'.

Is there any solution to do it without the letter accompanying?

Cheers
Mukesh

Bob Kehely
29-06-2002, 10:02 AM
Hello Mukesh,

Try saving the two attachments to a folder of your choice, then start a new message to your freind, and attach the two pdf files to it.

Cheers,
Bpb

ramu
29-06-2002, 09:18 PM
Thanks Bob.
Cheers
Mukesh

Heather P
29-06-2002, 09:35 PM
Alternatively (depending on your email client) open the email, click on forward, delete the message and replace it with your own message.

ramu
29-06-2002, 10:31 PM
Hether! that is a good idea! I didn't realise that.
Unfortunatley Bob's suggesiton did not work. I don't know why. I tried to save it in 'My documents' and it 'disappeared'!

Regards
mukesh

Heather P
29-06-2002, 11:02 PM
Did you try to save the attachments or the email?

To save the attachments click on the first attachment name. A box will pop up (this is assuming you are using Outlook Express, other programs could be different). It will give 2 choices - open this file; save this file to disk.

Choose save to disk and watch what its called and where you put it.

When you create the new message find it and attach it.

ramu
30-06-2002, 12:26 PM
I tried to save the attachments and I also saw the Box popping up. But did not like to save it in the disk as I was not sure.
Now the advice sounds really clear Heather.
Thank you so much for the help.
Regards
Mukesh